Grizzly tablesaws

Okay, Christmas is coming and so I can treat myself to a table saw. I think I've pretty much settled on getting a Grizzly. It's in my price range and it seems to be more than enough saw for me.

The two models I'm looking at are the G0444 and the G0575. They're both

1 1/2 HP models, look fairly identical. The g0575 is only $20 more, but I can't figure out what you get for the extra $20.

Heck, given the amount of money I'll spend on blades, it's almost ridiculous to even debate the $20 difference ... but still, it would be nice to know if there is in fact any difference between the two.

Anyone out there know?

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news:x96dndDg0L9p7ODenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I would look closely at the information on each saw. But the obvious thing to me that jumped out when I read the info on both saws was that one was wired for 110 volts and the other was wired for 220 volts. I am sure there could be more diferences though.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

The 575 is left-tilt. I have the 444Z ... right tilt, 220, cast iron wings, no complaints.

Reply to
JimBrowninPA

There are three similar models:

G0444: 1.5 HP, stamped metal wings $475 G0575: Left tilt version of G0444 $495 G0444Z: Just like G0444 but with 2HP and cast iron wings. $550. (I have this one). Google G0444Z on the wreck for lots of discussion on this saw, including several detailed posts by me. I am extremely happy with it! The "Aluma Classic Fence" is a Bies clone and is excellent.

Tom

Reply to
tom_murphy

If you can add a little more cash, you might consider the G0444Z. You get a little more horsepower and the cast iron wings. I think you'll find the investment well worth it in the long run.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

On 18 Nov 2005 07:07:32 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, tom snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net quickly quoth:

Why did they go to a T-slotted table?

----------------------------------------------------------- -- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --

Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases ==================================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah ... LT vs. RT. The extra half horsepower is very tempting, but (hope I don't start a firestorm here), I thought the consensus was that LT is a better way to go. You know, for safety reasons.

Jack

R> If you can add a little more cash, you might consider the G0444Z. You get a

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I don't think it will start a firestorm but the subject does come up fairly often. I agonized over the LT vs RT question for a while before I made the conversion with my Grizzly 1023s. After I used it for a week or two I forgot about the difference. The safety guys have good arguments but table saws in general require a great deal of caution.

If you go with the bigger machine I think you will appreciate the cast iron fence as much as the power. It will be heavier. Might consider a mobile base.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Are you absolutely sure you don't want a G1023?

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news:x96dndDg0L9p7ODenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
AL

Yeah, I was thinking that too when I posted my response. I absolutely love mine and I believe it is the best value available in the table/cabinet saw market.

RonB

Reply to
RonB