Grizzly tablesaws

Okay, Christmas is coming and so I can treat myself to a table saw. I think I've pretty much settled on getting a Grizzly. It's in my price range and it seems to be more than enough saw for me.
The two models I'm looking at are the G0444 and the G0575. They're both 1 1/2 HP models, look fairly identical. The g0575 is only $20 more, but I can't figure out what you get for the extra $20.
Heck, given the amount of money I'll spend on blades, it's almost ridiculous to even debate the $20 difference ... but still, it would be nice to know if there is in fact any difference between the two.
Anyone out there know?
Jack
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

to me that jumped out when I read the info on both saws was that one was wired for 110 volts and the other was wired for 220 volts. I am sure there could be more diferences though.
The 575 is left-tilt. I have the 444Z ... right tilt, 220, cast iron wings, no complaints.
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

There are three similar models:
G0444: 1.5 HP, stamped metal wings $475 G0575: Left tilt version of G0444 $495 G0444Z: Just like G0444 but with 2HP and cast iron wings. $550. (I have this one). Google G0444Z on the wreck for lots of discussion on this saw, including several detailed posts by me. I am extremely happy with it! The "Aluma Classic Fence" is a Bies clone and is excellent.
Tom
On 18 Nov 2005 07:07:32 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, tom snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net quickly quoth:

Why did they go to a T-slotted table?
----------------------------------------------------------- -- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels -- http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases =================================================================
If you can add a little more cash, you might consider the G0444Z. You get a little more horsepower and the cast iron wings. I think you'll find the investment well worth it in the long run.
RonB
Ah ... LT vs. RT. The extra half horsepower is very tempting, but (hope I don't start a firestorm here), I thought the consensus was that LT is a better way to go. You know, for safety reasons.
Jack
RonB wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

often. I agonized over the LT vs RT question for a while before I made the conversion with my Grizzly 1023s. After I used it for a week or two I forgot about the difference. The safety guys have good arguments but table saws in general require a great deal of caution.
If you go with the bigger machine I think you will appreciate the cast iron fence as much as the power. It will be heavier. Might consider a mobile base.
RonB
Are you absolutely sure you don't want a G1023?
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Yeah, I was thinking that too when I posted my response. I absolutely love mine and I believe it is the best value available in the table/cabinet saw market.
RonB