Grizzly Table Saw

One caveat about visiting one of their showrooms. You may not be able to fit everything into your truck! DAMHIKT.

The guy loading me up said that this is a common problem.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Lee you are so right! I have a SUV and my wife was crunched next to the door with the boxes resting on the dash and myself also being squeezed in. I must say the 300 mile drive was a bit uncomfortable.

Reply to
Dave

I had a pickup load the was far heavier than the suspension was designed for. I could literally lift up the front end of the truck. If I hit a bump, the front end lifted off the ground. I took it slow and easy around corners.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I'll say! It is the ultimate candy store. Beyond the looking, they had good folks on the floor when we were there. The fellow that 'adoped' us was a retired oil company executive who was also a pretty avid woodworker. He worked part-time in their training/demo room and built displays on the side. He demonstrated a 1023S that had been in the backshop for a couple of years before he even showed us the new equipment. Really nice to talk with competent, experienced sales people who know the craft. You don't even get that lucky in a tool store or Woodcraft these days.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Mine is no longer made, since I bought it 20 years ago. But it's the only non-Delta stationary tool I haven't replaced.

You do know you are posting the above, right?

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

I have a G1023Z. If I had to buy another table saw tomorrow I would get another Grizzly. Buying was simple--I ordered it over the Intenet and chose to have it delivered to an OverNite truck center near my home. Five days later I got a call from the truck center that it was there for pickup.

Assembly was simple. I have been using it 3 or 4 days a week for about a year now with no problems whatsoever. Like another user said, I made my own zero-clearance throat plate. That in combo with Forrest WWII blades and I get cuts that usually can be glued without further work. (I own other blades, but I keep coming back to WWII.)

Get one!

User

Reply to
user