Grizzly Table Saw

Page 1 of 2

Anybody own one and what do you think?

begin 666 p.gif
M1TE&.#EA/ $E`/<``#8V-B5'M%Y>7O___P``````````````````````````
I have found a new Grizzly G1023Z 3hp table saw that was set up to take pictures for a magazine article and used to cut a couple of pieces of wood during pictures. It is in like new condition with the parts protected and in storage right now. The question is: what is it worth in the condition described? It has the Shop Fox Fence and standard rails.
I have an old Craftsman cast iron saw now with a WW2 and link belt, that cuts really well, but I hate the fence. Prices for the new fence average $250 - $300 for Bies/clone and others, so I am wondering if I should just use the Craftsman with my sleds and use the money towards the Grizzly or ????
Thanks, Digger
"Digger" <DW> wrote in message

Since it is assembled, and you won't have to pay shipping charges, it would be worth about 95% to 100% of list. Just check it out for alignment as you would any new saw. Ed

wood
and
condition
would
you
I would want to adjust everthing, as it was probably just bolted together at the photo shoot for pictures, not accuracy.
Dig

wood
and
condition
would
you
Maybe more... since all the cosmoline is probably removed.
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:30:02 GMT, "Jim Mc Namara"

hehem, if the Cosmoline is gone, that's worth over 100$ to me,,,took me 3 hours to get the crap off the last casting i bought.
Traves
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:26:37 -0500, "Digger" <DW>Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

Digger, yea, all kidding aside i would tend to lean towards buying it.
Traves

I dont know about that,,,, ;!) A lot of furniture being imported from Mexico seems to have a yellowy brown finish that was probably mostly Cosomline. That much Cosmoline could be used on a lot of projects.. LOL.
Um...
What's Cosmoline?

machines
Or in other words - Traves best kept secret . . . . sheep lube! LOL!
LOL! lol! lol!
LOL! Jums he he he hehehe
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

im gonna make like i dint see that, , ,
Traves *G*
"Traves W. Coppock" after washing his hands, wrote in message:

Sure go ahead - third eye blind! LOL!
Jums
Actually a razor blade got most of the cosmoline off the flat faces of the saw in a hurry. They just needed a quick wipe with some paint thinner to clean up. The groves and other rounded portions are a pain however.
-Jack

machines
I remember something that worked good for a friend of mine when cleaning Cosmo (sheep dip) off one of my older rifles. Its called Ed's red
http://www.hanned.com/techedsred.html
1 part - Dexron ATF, GM Spec. D-20265 or later.
1 part - Kerosene - deodorized, K1
1 part - Aliphatic Mineral Spirits CAS #64741-49-9, or substitute "Stoddard Solvent", CAS #8052-41-3, or equivalent.
1 part - Acetone, CAS #67-64-1.
(Optional 1 lb. of Lanolin, Anydrous, USP per gallon, or OK to substitute Lanolin, Modified, Topical Lubricant, from the drug store.)
So I installed it on Linux...
Digger writes:

Check retail. You might offer no MORE than 60% of retail (don't forget shipping) to see what happens. I'd pay not much more than that, even if the saw is perfect. For one thing, you'll not be getting a warranty. Or, if you're feeling fiesty, offer half of new price. You can always come up. You can't come down.
Charlie Self
"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child." Dan Quayle

the saw

come
child."
His bottom dollar is $600 (delivered). It's $1000 from Grizzly right now, but this one is assembled and de-sludged, and only needs fine tuning. That's worth something to me, so I'm thinking of latching on to it. Just bought a Grizz 6" jointer with two sets of blades, off of Ebay for $232.50 delivered, instead of the $450 I was planning on spending. Now if this broken leg will heal, I can finish getting the new doors on the garage and moving the WW tools in!
Dig
I got my G0575 last July and I love it. It's a world better than what I had before...Craftsman. Cheers. Joe
Evon Barvinchack wrote:

Evon Barvinchack wrote:

Yes
G1023
Like it, never a problem.
--
dadiOH

I have the G0444Z with the 2 extra long extension wings, the G0555 bandsaw (a real jewel) with 6" extension kit, and a wood lathe. I have no complaints about Grizzly quality or service. Will be buying from them again in the near future. If you have a chance I would drive to Grizzly's show room and pickup myself. Shipping is pricy. I drove 300 miles to Springfield Missouri to get my stuff. It's a real experience to visit one of their showrooms.