Grizzly Summer sale and opinions on G0514 wanted

G0514

19" Heavy-Duty Bandsaw - 2 HP
Reply to
doc44

Happy with mine

Reply to
sunjin

doc44 wrote:

I have one, it is my first bandsaw. I got $50 off 2 years ago($900?), seems like they bumped the price up to over $1000! Set up easily, included blade was okay for soft wood. Started with some timberwolf blades and cut sections of logs (redwood, bay laurel, madrone and spalted oak) as well as dimensional lumber. The 1 inch 3TPI timberwolf worked great for a while then went to hell, I thought the machine went out of alignmnent. Figured out it was just the blade going dull, probably from cutting too much bark. Fence works well even though it seems fairly light duty. Made an outfeed table so I have to remove it if I want to tilt the table. Also made a tall (8")resaw fence that clamps to the table and a self-guiding resaw fence (the kind that has a vertical piece of wood and you just follow the line you draw on the top of the wood. I run two 4 inch hoses to my 2HP griz dust collector, works fine. Have a 1/2 inch woodslicer from Highland hardware on there now. I am trying to be more careful by removing bark as much as possible now, it works great and I think it has been on there almost 6 months now! Can easily cut 1/16 inch thich slices on it when the blade is new and it is aligned well. There is a new 3/4 inch version I believe, will try it in the near future. Buy some extra round inserts if you don't want to make them custom, I managed to mangle mine and had to make a temporary one before getting some replacements. At the time, seemed like the best value out there, I wanted as much vertical and horizontal capacity as possible and 2HP instead of 1.5HP. jaime

Reply to
jaimesummer