Grizzly Spindle Sander

Can anyone report on the operation and quality of the Grizzly G9922 oscillating spindle sander? It has a very appealing price on Amazon (a bit over $220 w/shipping). I was going to purchase the Jet benchtop spindle sander when it was $299 but they have recently raised the price to $350 + shipping. The manual for the Grizzle sander looks like it is fairly well constructed.
I am also looking for an OSS, but the Grizzly you mentioned seems to have only 1 spindle size (2 inches)- which seems to me to be a serious drawback in usefulness.
I was looking at the Delta BOSS (SA350K) for about $190 at Amazon - plus if you add enough to get to $199, you get $25 off & free shipping. Seems like a pretty good deal. Gets pretty good reviews too.
On the other hand, I have a Jet Belt/Disc sander which is great so I am sure that the extra $ for the Jet SS are worth it. Maybe we you (we) should wait for a good sale on it.
Lou

Shorter drum, shorter stroke than the JET. Plus, I find it easier to make accurate, adjustable jigs for clamping to square tables.
Make an insert out of a router base so you can do pattern sanding with bushings.

On 26 Sep 2004 01:40:24 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RMeyer1) wrote:

I have had one for about nine months and it does what I want it to do. I must admit that the machine does make a lot of noise, but being that I am unfamiliar with the other equipment that is on the market, don't know if this is normal for this type of sander.
I checked the Grizzly site and they are pricing the G9922 at $217.95 (including shipping) Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Nope, it's not for a JET.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RMeyer1) wrote in message

if it really is true (as the Grizzly listing makes it appear) that this machine is limited to just the one spindle size, don't bother with it. The basic functionality of the tool is to sand concave surfaces. It's going to be hard to do much with an OSS absent a having range of spindle sizes to match to the task at hand.