Grizzly Miter Guage Aux. Fence Attachment

I recently purchase a grizzly cabinet saw that came with a cast iron miter gauge. There are tapped holes in the top and holes that look like they are for rods on the left and right side. Tapped holes for set screw to hold rod? However there are no holes in the face for attaching an auxiliary fence. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks.
Drill some. Tom >Perkins wrote

I had thought of the obvious option of drilling the holes, I think the other holes were probably manufactured in the guage for some reason. I was hoping to find out what the existing holes original purpose was..

Perkins wrote:> I was hoping

they were probably meant to allow the use of a stop, a bent at the end metal rod that could be slid to and fro, and locked down with a bolt through the threaded hole... Tom