Grizzly jointer update and new question

If anyone read my post about my new Grizzly jointer, you remember that the outfeed table wouldnt go down far enough for me to use the knife setting gauge. I figured out the problem. When the outfeed table goes down, it also slides to the left. The flat section that hangs off the back (that the fence assembly sits on) moves to the left also (because its connected to the outfeed table). This piece was hitting the belt guard. I took the belt guard off and the piec actually hits the pulley when the outfeed table is down all the way. Since the outfeed will not be down all the way when the jointer is in use, I dont guess this is a big problem. Now for a new question: There is a plastic pin (or bushing) that sits under the fence just to the left of the blades. Is this piece packing material or is it suppossed to be there to hold the fence off the table? The piece slides on the outfeed table as the fence is moved forward and mine is a little chewed up which looks like it will scratch up the table after a while.

Reply to
utrecht

Plastic pin is supposed to keep fence off table.

Reply to
Mike Linne