Grizzly Jointer and Mobile Bases

I recently wrote that I was looking at a Delta 6" Jointer. After researching rec.wood I've decided to go with a Grizzly 8".
I have a Jet universal mobile base that I plan to use with the soon to be purchased Grizzly 1018HW jointer. I noticed from the pictures that there are boltdown tabs. How have you dealt with this when using a mobile base. Did you have to cut them off. Of did you make room in the base and was it stable enough?
More Google group searches shows that a few have cut these tabs off. Is this the general consensus for dealing with the tabs and mobile bases? I hate to start cutting on a new tool.
Darrell

I have the Grizzly 8" (G0500) and the Shopfox mobile base for it. When the jointer stand sits on the base, the tabs actually go below the rails, so I did not need to cut anything away.
Frank
Frank, Thanks, I noticed that the bars on the Shop Fox base sit a little above the corner braces. This is good news. I'll check my Jet base, I think it has the same situation.
BTW, are you happy with the jointer? I've gone from getting the Delta 37-275, to a Yorkcraft 8" (on back order till Mid march) to the Grizzly 1018HW. I know the bed is a little longer on the G0500. How has your machine perfomed?
Darrell

Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a basement finishing project, so my next several woodworking projects have been on hold. I have only been able to use it a few times, but I am pleased with it. Before I purchased it, I did research using Google and found a lot of other happy owners, so I think you will like it. It is quite a step up from my benchtop 6" POS. It easily passes the nickel test and it is quiet. My only complaint is that the on/off switch is mounted way to low. It is below my knees! I plan on building a plywood platform and moving the switch so it is above and behind the fence like some of Grizzly's other jointers.
Frank PS - you will need a couple friends to help wrestle that thing off the truck and at least one other person to help you mount the bed assembly on top of the stand when you assemble.