Grizzly in Springfield

Yesterday I stopped at Grizzly's showroom in Springfield, MO on the way back from a trip. They've got a huge show room, complete with pond and snack bar. If anyone's passing through the Springfield, MO area, it's well worth the trip... even if you don't buy anything.
Grizzly makes tools bigger than Norm uses on TV... not many, though. ;-)
Wish I could go back tomorrow, especially after reading some of the stuff here about table saws. (I'd leave the family at Walmart, though.)
Puckdropper

Yep, in-laws live up that way. When we visit, that's one of my stops. Also, if you haven't visited Bass Pro in Springfield, you have to go there -- it is a similar treat only on a much larger scale.

Rob Leatham

*snip*
My stepfather introduced us to a place in Kansas City that's better than Bass Pro. It's an outdoors store called Cabellas, and has lots of impressive static displays of animals as well as a lot of stuff to buy. Aquariums, too.
Puckdropper

I also buy from Cabellas, Phoenix has both Bass Pro and Cabellas. Haven't been to the Cabellas in Kansas City, but the Bass Pro in Springfield has the static displays of animals, aquariums that have divers feeding the fish and cleaning them, and live ducks in one of the pond/stream settings.
Don't know if you've been to the Springfield Bass Pro, if so, then if KC Cabellas is better, then that is definitely a stop worth making. The other Bass Pros in other cities are not as impressive as the Springfield HQ though.

Rob Leatham
On 01/04/2010 10:57 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

The Bass Pro in Springfield is the original. It is quite a bit larger with more stuff than the Phoenix store. It is constantly undergoing upgrading/experimentation. SWMBO's cousin works for an architectural firm that is kept busy with the dreams of the Bass Pro founder.
On 01/05/2010 06:39 AM, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Yes, every other Bass Pro I've visited pales in comparison to the one in Springfield, as does the Cabela's nearest me (in Buda, south of Austin TX).
On Jan 5, 12:40am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

My niece's husband works there.

I'm pretty sure it is the one in KC. If there is one in Olathe, he could be working there.

There's only one Cabella's in the KC area. 27 total, according to the flyer we picked up at the hotel.
Puckdropper

Cabela's are showing up across the nation, and most of their brand merchandise is high quality. Our first stop was the Sidney, Nebraska store which is also the site of their headquarters. That stop was about 10 years ago and impressive at the time. The KC store is MUCH bigger...apparently the largest in the chain when built. It is nestled in with a Big Wolf Lodge and the Kansas Speedway (NASCAR site). You can drop the entire bankroll and never drive.
The KC static display of trophy deer, in habitat surroundings, is an eye-opener. Several of them were taken in Kansas. Not bad since you could barely find a deer here 40-45 years ago.
RonB
On Jan 4, 10:55pm, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Yup - Been there 2-3 times. We just moved to the SE corner of Kansas so the store is only about 2 hours from out house and one hour from our Son.s home. Like a big-kid's candy store. They have had some excellent demonstration sales help too. I'll probably be pulling the trailer over there in a few weeks to pick up a surface planer and maybe dust collector.
Now that I have procrastinated to the price increase, it's time :^}