Grizzly G1022 Table Saw - can't tighten saw height wheel (2023 Update)

I've had this table saw for over 10 years and it still works great. One problem I haven't been able to figure out...the middle knob that holds on the blade height wheel won't tighten the wheel so the blade will stay put. It screws on completely but even if I tighten it with a pair of pliers, the verticle height wheel still turns freely.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've looked in the manual and I don't see any washers or other parts missing.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
wklkj

I assume that you have a cabinet saw. I have a Jet cabinet saw and it has a similar set up. If yours is like mine, have you tried taking the middle knob out and cleaning the end off and inside the hole it screws into? Automotive brake cleaner should work well to clean both and then a little light lube on the threads when you screw it back in. With that said, mine simply tightens the blade setting and does not absolutely insure that the adjustment wheel remains stationary if you tried to turn it.

Reply to
Leon

After going through the Worm Gear adjustment on page 34 of the manual for the G1022 tablesaw, I'm having the same problem; did Leon's suggestion below fix your problem? Regards, Dave

Reply to
David 28056

Reply to
Brian Welch

As this was never answered - I'll answer for the sake of anyone else in need of a fix:

The G1022 has a very simple (inelegant) locking mechanism for the saw height and blade angles. It simply relies on the hand wheel itself to be locked in place by pressure against a plastic piece that is attached to the housing which can obviously be ground away over time - you can fix this by adding a rubber washer against the back of the hand wheel and the plastic housing and this will allow you to once again lock them.