Grizzly G0566 Bandsaw 21", recommendations

This 600-pound green gorilla (http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=g0566) looks very attractive. If somebody made any sawdust with that, please share your experience. Comments?
If the alternatives are MM16 and LT16HD, it could make sense to get a larger, heavier, and cheaper bandsaw from Grizzly. Why people are willing to pay so much more for the MiniMax and Laguna?
Cheers, Ollie
On Sat, 28 May 2005 02:01:22 -0400, the inscrutable "Ollie" <Olivili at Hot Mail dot com> spake:

I picked up its older little brother, the G1012 18-incher, for about a grand cheaper. the G0566 looks sweet! I put link belts on it immediately and that reduced the vibration about threefold. The stock fence is a throwaway and I seriously need to build that microadjusting sled/fence.

Status. That and the fact that they're both smoother and a bit better built. A recent sig on one of the graphics forums I follow explains the phenomenon best: (from memory)
"Fashion: Buying items you don't need, using money you don't have, to impress friends you don't like."
(Am I a curmudgeon, or what? ;)
--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.