Grizzly G0566 Bandsaw 21", recommendations

This 600-pound green gorilla

looks very attractive. If somebody made any sawdust with that, please share your experience. Comments?

If the alternatives are MM16 and LT16HD, it could make sense to get a larger, heavier, and cheaper bandsaw from Grizzly. Why people are willing to pay so much more for the MiniMax and Laguna?

Cheers, Ollie

Reply to
Ollie

On Sat, 28 May 2005 02:01:22 -0400, the inscrutable "Ollie" spake:

I picked up its older little brother, the G1012 18-incher, for about a grand cheaper. the G0566 looks sweet! I put link belts on it immediately and that reduced the vibration about threefold. The stock fence is a throwaway and I seriously need to build that microadjusting sled/fence.

Status. That and the fact that they're both smoother and a bit better built. A recent sig on one of the graphics forums I follow explains the phenomenon best: (from memory)

"Fashion: Buying items you don't need, using money you don't have, to impress friends you don't like."

(Am I a curmudgeon, or what? ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

MiniMax and Laguna will do the same height (or more) for resawing, and are built a TON heavier/beefier than the Grizzly. The NEW MM16 will resaw to 16inches I seem to recall

John - happy owner of a MM24

Reply to
John