Grizzly G0555 question

Anyone had any success using a 3/4" blade with this machine?
Vic
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't
Sure ... no problem. I've resawn with all blades from 1/4" to 3/4" and all will do the job to make a veneer as thin as 1/16"
Vic Baron wrote:

Thanx Nate - didn't know if the Griz would handle the big blade. Added a new spring from Iturra so it should be good to go.
Vic

Vic Baron says...

A lot of people don't bother with anything more than 1/2". You can put a 1/2" Timberwolf and tension it about where you would a 1/4" or 3/8". I have a 5/8" normal tension blade too. Both resaw about the same. No bandsaw cut is going to be perfect anyway, but the blades do stay straight for me, and I have a cheap 14" HF saw. I doubt I will ever buy a 3/4" blade unless I put a riser block on.
Hax Planx wrote:

Yes, I agree. I've done resawing with all my blades but the one I use most is just a regular 3/8" 3tpi ... mostly because I'm too lazy to change blades.
I use either Timberwolf or cheapie Olson blades. Any blade that's sharp and has few tpi is an adequate blade for resawing. In my limited experience it's more important to use a tall fence, have good blade alignment on the tires and good settings on the guide bearings (or blocks), and to use a gentle consistent push when feeding the stock.
Vic Baron wrote:

have a 3 tooth and it's a great resaw blade.
Don