Grizzly G0555

So I ordered a Grizzly bandsaw right before the start of the new year. It came in three business days, was unloaded and setup. Out of the box I thought it worked "ok". Namely seemed to be underpowered or rather cuts were hard compared to a 14" JET I was familiar with. Was somewhat frustrated, but still happy to have the bandsaw in the shop. Was busy, and working on other projects, so didn't get back over to it for a week. Yesterday I was able to take some time, get all the gauges dialled in, set the roller guides properly, clean the rust preventer off the table, apply TopCoat, and switch out the blade for a TimberWolf. What a difference. Now I am flying through cuts, even used a 3/16 blade to resaw some 4" walnut as a test, with no problem what-so-ever. I wish I had taken the time to do all of it at once, cause now I am floored by the quality of the saw. Could be mostly the blade that is making me rethink, but regardless it's smoking the JET I was used to.

Yippie

Reply to
angie.star

Have you ever tried the same TLC procedure and blade on the Jet?

I cursed every band saw I ever dealt with until I learned how to set one up. It seems that just about any of them should work well, it's not like a band saw is rocket science.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y