Grizzly G0513

Hi,

I'm looking to pick up a new bandsaw and I'm looking for opinions (especially if they happen to be backed by experience). I know this is a heavilly travelled path so sorry.

I'm looking at either the Grizzly G0513 (17") or the Jet 16" or the Delta 299A which are all just about the same cost once you factor in a mobile base and a riser for the 299A and assuming a replacement blade for all three.

I really can't find a good reason on paper to not go for the Grizz. Lots of capacity, nice big motor, 1" blade width capacity, large cast iron table, quick release blade tensioner, good dust control. Both the Grizz and the Jet are made in Taiwan so there's probably not a lot too choose between them and the Grizz has 2" more resaw capacity and a little bigger motor.

I'm interested in all opinions but I'd really like to hear from anyone who has seen or better yet used the Grizz.

Thanks.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Pringle