Grizzly FOX Fence vs Unifance

Ok I have been looking for a good price on a unisaw, I can buy a used delta rockwell for $750 and go through the whole, getting a unifence, table ect. I could buy a used delta (6 year old) with 52" fence for about $950, or buy a brand new grizzly for $1050 with the fox fence. Sorry to drag my feet but just trying to make a chi\oice I will be happy with.

Reply to
wayne mak

Both are good fences. Both have good and bad points. I have used both but I have a 52" unifence on my saw. First thing is you say you can get a saw for $750 then buy a fence, or get a saw w/ 52" fence for $950. I really think you would spend more with the $750 saw getting a good fence. Now on to some key points I found working with both. Both are easy to adjust and solid once locked. The unifence can be moved back in front of the blade for cutoffs and the scale stays the same. The others have a square tube and a spacer block can be added for cutoffs. This is fine but moves the scale. The unifence is harder to attach things to because it slopes down. One way around that is I got a uni-t-fence. It give this best of both worlds. It's a square fence so things can be clamped on but has the unifence groves in it so it can be moved back for cutoffs.

Reply to
Jody

Hi Wayne,

I bought a Griz 1023SL with the Shop Fox fence this past January. I am VERY happy with it after using a contractor type import for the previous

15 years or so. The SF fence is rock solid and very accurate.

For $1000 or so, I think that it would be difficult to beat it. With used stuff, you never know exactly what you're getting IMHO. I know that older saws are sought after by some, but I'd rather have a known quantity with a guarantee to fall back on - at least for a while.

I added a Forrest WWII blade and this 3HP saw cuts anything I put through it without effort.

Lou

Reply to
loutent