Grizzly customer service!

I was at the woodworking show in Las Vegas last week, looking for cyclones, among other things. My ceiling is only 91", so I have some problems.
Grizzly had 2 and 3 hp cyclones next to each other. They were both listed as 93.5", though the 3 was obviously 10" higher than the 2. I asked the salesman to explain it. He agreed there was an error of some sort, but didn't know what, nor did Grizzly have a tape measure. Today I asked their customer service about it. They tell me I am mistaken; they are both 93.5".
And, the saleman told me it was easy enough to cut 2" off the hose that connects to the waste bin, CS says that is will make emptying the waste bin impossible.
Guess I won't be buying a Grizzly. Just venting.
I had a similar height issue and solved it by building a "box" between the rafters for the motor to be in. This gave me another 8 inches or so.

Did you add a fan or anything? What brand was it?
It's been at least 6 or 7 years with no problem overheating. No fan but the exhaust from the cyclone seems to cause enough air motion that it is not an issue. It's an Oneida 1.5 hp and I placed it so that the inlet pipe is about 2" below the finished ceiling rather than use the two elbows the Oneida supplied. I'll try to put a picture on alt.binaries.woodworking in a little while.

Sorry but the pictures are on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:18:53 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The Oneida I just bought is awesome! Read the comparisons of the two on the Oneida site. In real life, The Oneida will suck the chrome off of a hitch ball, really nice!
| I was at the woodworking show in Las Vegas last week, looking for cyclones, | among other things. My ceiling is only 91", so I have some problems. | | Grizzly had 2 and 3 hp cyclones next to each other. They were both listed | as 93.5", though the 3 was obviously 10" higher than the 2. I asked the | salesman to explain it. He agreed there was an error of some sort, but | didn't know what, nor did Grizzly have a tape measure. | Today I asked their customer service about it. They tell me I am mistaken; | they are both 93.5". | | And, the saleman told me it was easy enough to cut 2" off the hose that | connects to the waste bin, CS says that is will make emptying the waste bin | impossible. | | Guess I won't be buying a Grizzly. Just venting. | |
Which Oneida?

Toller wrote:

always checks blood pressure, weight, etc. When it came to height, she announced that I was 5' 8 1/2". Now I have been 5' 11 1/2" for years which I politely informed the assistant. She pointed out the numbers and insisted that the machine didn't lie. Another fellow said he had also lost 3" in one day.
Well, when I got home, I put a try square against the wall, stood under it, made a pencil mark on the wall, and measured. I had gained 3" in a couple hours. I have written to Ripley's Believe it or Jam It but I haven't heard back yet.
    mutter, mutter     jo4hn

same day and the assistant can't put it together...
Toller wrote:

That could be WHY they are the assistant ... and not the Dr.
Keep going to the Dr. ... but find a new assistant.
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com
jo4hn wrote:

Maybe when you see the doctor next time you ought to mention this amazing phenomenon to him (or her whatever the case must be)

I'm almost 50 years old but I'm a full inch taller than I was graduating from high school.
I guess it pays to come from a late-maturing, late-dying family. Choose your parents well! ;-)
-- Mark

For many years, I bought Fords using the same logic; good customer service. But then I bought a GMC and haven't needed any customer service. <BG>
Max
Having knocked them for lousy service over the cyclone (which I ordered from Oneida by the way) I have to compliment them over customer service today. I sent them an inquiry about a TS. They answered immediately with what seems to be accurate information.

What'd you win the lottery or something? cyclone, bandsaw, now a tablesaw too?
-Leuf

I went to LV last week to shop for a combination machine, but was talked out of it by the vendors. That left a lot of spare capital. I decided instead to get a larger bandsaw and a Festool circular saw.

I have had good experiences with Grizzly tech support. They are the reason I keep buying Griz-Green tools.
-- Mark