Grizzly customer service!

I was at the woodworking show in Las Vegas last week, looking for cyclones, among other things. My ceiling is only 91", so I have some problems.

Grizzly had 2 and 3 hp cyclones next to each other. They were both listed as 93.5", though the 3 was obviously 10" higher than the 2. I asked the salesman to explain it. He agreed there was an error of some sort, but didn't know what, nor did Grizzly have a tape measure. Today I asked their customer service about it. They tell me I am mistaken; they are both 93.5".

And, the saleman told me it was easy enough to cut 2" off the hose that connects to the waste bin, CS says that is will make emptying the waste bin impossible.

Guess I won't be buying a Grizzly. Just venting.

Reply to
Toller

greatviewcsc

I am told that causes overheating problems. Did you add a fan or anything? What brand was it?

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
greatviewcsc

Reply to
greatviewcsc

The Oneida I just bought is awesome! Read the comparisons of the two on the Oneida site. In real life, The Oneida will suck the chrome off of a hitch ball, really nice!

Reply to
woodstuff

I went to the doctor (nothing serious) the other day. An assistant always checks blood pressure, weight, etc. When it came to height, she announced that I was 5' 8 1/2". Now I have been 5' 11 1/2" for years which I politely informed the assistant. She pointed out the numbers and insisted that the machine didn't lie. Another fellow said he had also lost 3" in one day.

Well, when I got home, I put a try square against the wall, stood under it, made a pencil mark on the wall, and measured. I had gained 3" in a couple hours. I have written to Ripley's Believe it or Jam It but I haven't heard back yet.

mutter, mutter jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I would definitely find another doctor. When several patients lose 3" the same day and the assistant can't put it together...

Reply to
Toller

Which Oneida?

Reply to
Toller

That could be WHY they are the assistant ... and not the Dr.

Keep going to the Dr. ... but find a new assistant.

Bill

Reply to
BillinDetroit

... snip

Maybe when you see the doctor next time you ought to mention this amazing phenomenon to him (or her whatever the case must be)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Reply to
Toller

You are a very careful reader; I meant BS, not TS! I went to LV last week to shop for a combination machine, but was talked out of it by the vendors. That left a lot of spare capital. I decided instead to get a larger bandsaw and a Festool circular saw.

Reply to
Toller

What'd you win the lottery or something? cyclone, bandsaw, now a tablesaw too?

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

I'm almost 50 years old but I'm a full inch taller than I was graduating from high school.

I guess it pays to come from a late-maturing, late-dying family. Choose your parents well! ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I have had good experiences with Grizzly tech support. They are the reason I keep buying Griz-Green tools.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

For many years, I bought Fords using the same logic; good customer service. But then I bought a GMC and haven't needed any customer service.

Max

Reply to
Max