Grizzly Cust Service Kudos

Folks -

Well, I have to give points to Grizzly for their Customer Service. On 12/29 I ordered the "President's Special" Dial Indicator set through Amazon.com. It arrived last night via UPS a little after 5.

Everything was well packaged, but upon setting it up, I noticed a hairline crack in the plastic "watch glass" covering the dial of the dial indicator. There were also a couple of those moveable indicator arrows on the face of the dial that were loose.

I don't think the defect was from shipping, it was one of those fissures that hard plastic gets.... Nonetheless, I thought I'd send Grizzly CS a note and did so last night at about 11... I asked them to send another Bezel cover, if that's what you call it, and tell me how to attach the pointers, as that wasn't clear. I really didn't want to go through the hassle of returning the indicator as the defect didn't really affect its' use, but I thought they should know there was a problem. The set up was only ~25$ to my door, so...

Lo and behold, when I woke up this morning, I had an email send from Grizzly BEFORE 7AM on a SATURDAY, no less.... apologizing for the defect. They're going to send a whole new Dial Indicator assy to replace it and they don't want the old one back.

I just got the new Grizzly catalog, and their quality seems to get better every year. I may be in the market for a jointer and they have a spiral cutter on their 6" unit that looks intriging. Last year they had big planers with spiral cutters and now they're bringing it to their jointers.

If I were Delta CS, I'd be worried. This is EXACTLY how to handle a small problem and gain customer and future customer good will and business.

John Moorhead Lakeport CA

Reply to
john moorhead

I've always had good luck too but haven't needed them much. Recently, I got my new G0555 bandsaw and there a bad bearing in the motor. When I put the phone next to the saw for the rep, he had me try a couple things and readily agreed that it was a bad motor and that it needed replaced. He said I could send it back or he would send a call tag for it but the latter would take a couple of weeks. I agreed to send it and did so that day which was the 20th of December. I just called them before New Yars and they said they had received the motor and were "working on it" but if I wanted, they would let me know when they were done and made a decision as to what to do. I don't expect overnight attention but we are at two weeks and I would think they could at least tell me what they were going to do. I'm not down on Grizzly but having purchased 7 machines from them, this is the first that I was a little dissapointed.

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

And the catalog gets fatter. Now up to 514 pages, IIRC, something like 16 pages over '03. Sooner or later, they'll equal the old Sears catalog.

Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. " Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

You should have asked them to credit your shipping charges, they did this for me. My guess is, it isn't too late. Call them and make your case politely for why they should credit your shipping, and I'll bet they'll do it.

Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com

Reply to
Tim Carver

They said they intended to pay for my shipping the motor to them, but I would have liked to have gone the same route as you. Even if they would have charged me for the motor and then credited it when mine got there, I would have been happier than having to wait until they decide what to do. I think they are considering fixing the bearing problem - which it shouldn't have had inside a month.

Don

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

Reply to