Grizzly Compliment

Page 2 of 2

In my old shop with Future Collectibles, I had big Grizzly iron. It was heavy, it was true, minimal set up, and accurate! I miss the old shop, but I can attest to their belt sander, table saw, band saw, dust collector, and all the accessories you can slap on them as well. The only draw back was taking all the time it took to remove the cosmolene that all the iron was coated with. A local Griz rep told me that when the stuff is shipped over the pond - they want to make sure no moisture whatsoever got on the iron. I can attest that not a spec was to be found anywhere.
Jummy

I had a similar experience with them years ago when I broke a part on my jointer. The lady was very appologetic that the shipping was more than the part itself. I was just happy to be able to get it so quickly (48 hrs later) as I had been waiting for a part for my bandsaw (Jet) for 4 weeks. (It came another 2 weeks later and had a handling charge of $20 on top of the cost of the part)
Lenny

Mamiya America Corp backordered a 2mm screw for my camera for more than a year. By the time it showed up, I had either lost or given away whatever was broken, or just gotten the screw locally, because I could find nothing that was missing a 2mm flathead screw. They charged a flat $10 for handling, plus .25 for the screw. (Talk about getting screwed. I think I'll build a small frame for it and hang it somewhere.)

plus
I have a different trophy. Several years ago I hired a lawyer for some litigation. All told, I spent about $2000 on their services. About a month after all business with them was concluded, I received a cheque in the mail for $0.05 cents. Apparently, they had overcharged me somewhere. I figure some bean counter must have insisted on refunding me the difference. $0.48 cents for the stamp on the letter to send me the cheque. I never cashed it solely to screw with the bean counter's books.
Glad that worked out the way it did for you Joe. Now I wonder if you could get the same response if you ordered a Left Tilt cabinet saw when you really wanted to order a Right Tilt? Marc (who wonders if all situations could be extrapolated?)