Grizzly Compliment

Page 1 of 2
I received a small order yesterday from Grizzly for a threaded insert to fit my Jet lathe. It was only $7.95, but the shipping and handling was for $8.20!
Well, the insert arrived. However, it was a left hand thread. Now to figure out who screwed up, me or them. Well, it was me. I never saw the (LH) in the part number when I placed the order.
I fired off an email to customer service explaining my mistake. Within 2 hours I had a phone call from them. The rep said she would have the proper one mailed out to me ASAP at no charge to me. When I asked for instructions on sending the wrong one back she said not to bother, and that I should just keep it. It wasn¹t worth putting me through the expense for returning such a small item.
I've always had good luck in dealing with Grizzly... this is just icing on the cake.
Joe
aka 10x
Add pictures here
✖

Good for you and Grizzle, Joe.
Add pictures here
✖
I bought a hand held sander from Grizzly and when it arrived it was DOA. The switch would not turn the darn thing on, so I called customer service and they overnighted a new one to me and told me to keep the other one for spare parts.
Great company, that Grizzly.
Dawg
10x wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
"10x" wrote:

Very early in my career, learned to never order by part number alone, but rather use the phrase, "Similar to Part Number except", then give a written description of the device.
Forces the factory to read and enter order correctly or call back and clear up any differences before entering order.
Saves a lot of possibly very expensive mistakes.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah I don't think you can do that any more, especially if you are ordering lots of inventory. GM really could care less what information you provided along with the part number, they shipped the part number, period. And that was as late as the late 70's.
Add pictures here
✖
"Leon" wrote:

Oranges and apples.
Standard inventory items get ordered by part number.
Any item that in any way might be considered "special" gets ordered by description.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

It did not matter what it was that you ordered from GM. All they were interested in was "a" part number, right or wrong you got that part number and it was yours to keep, or return if you had enough return reserve built up and if it was flagged as returnable that month. It was strictly the dealer's responsibility to decide if the part being ordered was correct or not. I typically had 15 to 20 special order parts per week and if you were familiar with a GM catalog before the 90's it was a wonder that any special order part could be ordered correctly. The Japanese on the other hand had a picture with a number that corresponded to a listed specific part number. GM's pictures merely gave you a vague description and a hint as to where to look in the catalog.
Add pictures here
✖
"Leon" wrote:

Typical Detroit arrangonce.
And they still don't get it.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

Precisely!
I totally believe that this current economic situation that we are in is a "correction" similar to the one that happens ever seven years or so with the stock market. Way too many people were spending way beyond their means and being paid way more than their equivalency of out put. It is no time for the playing field to be leveled again.
Add pictures here
✖
CORRECTION!

Add pictures here
✖
"Leon" wrote

Either one, "we, the people", get screwed.
Austin apparently has a thriving FM "Libertarian" radio station ... interesting stuff. Upon first listen when tripping through the dials thought I was listening to a far left outfit, then they started talking about the evils/increasing burden of property taxes on homeownership ... knew then it was more of being in the _right_ place. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Sis you manage to get through the calendar change OK?
Add pictures here
✖
"Leon" wrote

Gee, real estate was way overpriced to due to rampant speculation and liar's loans. If real estate was to acheive some kind of real world value that is a good thing. And this so called recovery that we need may not be able to do it with overpriced real estate.
Add pictures here
✖

willing to pay for it. Underline and boldface IDIOT. Are you counting on the behavior of idiots?
The mess came about when people (buyers, but especially banks and mortgage brokers) were counting on an ever upward valuation spiral. Now a whole bunch of people are in trouble. I would not be able to sort out who needs rescuing and who needs stiffing.
I used to buy new cars. Some 10 or 12 years ago I decided I could not afford the car I wanted as a new one, and bought second hand. The experience was good, so I repeated it almost 4 years ago. I guess that is part of being somewhat more frugal with incrreasing age.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

It also makes a ton of sense if you can find what floats your boat.
Cars, as in all currentcars, are of excellent quality now, and will probably last far longer than they are stylish.
Add pictures here
✖

The thought that my Caravan is indeed of reasonably good quality (like the last one, a '95'er) is appealing. Style has never been much of a consideration, utility is more important. One of my best cars was a Honda Civic Wagon-ny thing, affectionately known as the pregnant roller skate. Did it move the kids stuff back and forth to college across the Triboro bridge ... Now the granddaughter is approaching 13 ...
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

That's the point!
Since style IS important to many folks, you get to buy the depreciated car, all utility included, at a large discount. <G>
Add pictures here
✖
"B A R R Y" wrote

how to sell cars. I learned some things from his unique perspective. The biggest thing was that all new cars are identical and all used cars are unique. Now that may have been from a salesman perspective in terms of pricing. But it tells a lot.
From my perspective, it is hard to find new cars that I really like. Sure, if you want basic transportation or utility, there is a lot out there. But in terms of true style, not so much. And when you factor in the price, used style will cost you a lot less than new style. And it looks/feels better to me.
Add pictures here
✖
"Han" wrote:

When it comes to vehicles, I just buy new; however, I don't even consider replacing it before the 400,000 mile mark.
By that time, I figure it doesn't owe me anything.
My 1999 Tonka Toy has 120,000 and is just getting warmed up.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
Lee Michaels wrote:

Yep. The housing bubble created by the loose lending policies from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pushed prices up. Now that reality has set in, the prices will come down. For people who bought at the peak of the market -- not so good, but for those who were priced out of the market, this is good news. However, if the government steps in and tries to "fix" things, what could be a correction could became a prolonged downturn.

✖