Grizzly Belt Sander G1013

I need a narrow belt sander and I'm looking at the Grizzly Belt Sander G1013

comments on this unit? Also I'm looking for competitor makes of a similar sander, suggestions?

Reply to
Rumpty

Here's my review on it. I haven't changed my mind since either.

the tools dropdown

Reply to
Jim K

Just curious, have you thought of an alternative to a dedicated narrow belt sander: sanding bands used in a bandsaw. They come in a variety of abrasive grits and widths from 1/2 to 1" wide (and maybe others that I haven't seen). This assumes you have a bandsaw, but I would guess anyone who is getting a specialized tool like a narrow belt sander already has one.

Reply to
woodworker88

On 2 Jun 2005 23:31:00 -0700, the inscrutable "woodworker88" spake:

Don't overlook the little $89 Delta (Mine came in BLACK, Keef) 31-080

1" belt/5" disc sander. They're versatile little workhorses.

-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

Wondrous Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques