Grizzly Band Saw - Opinions?

Anyone have experience with a Grizzly Model G0513 Bandsaw? Good, bad, indifferent?
http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2004/067.cfm?
This looks like a heck of a saw for the money. I'm curious to see what some experienced opinions might offer.
Thanks.
Dave
Can't speak for the G0513. I have the G0555 which as been a joy to use.
Chris Corbett

Ditto!
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

Do you use the extension block kit by any chance?
message

i have it installed on mine but have not done any serious resawing. It will be there when i do.
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you put that accessory on your saw do you have to use 105" blades or can you easily remove it and go back to 95" blades?
i have it installed on mine but have not done any serious resawing. It will be there when i do.
--
SwampBug
- - - - - - - - - - - -

I bought one of these to replace my 15in Grizzly saw which gave good service, and I wanted a better fence and width. I have been very happy with the upgrade.
The only less than positive detail has been the ON/OFF switch is not quite the quality or sensitivity I would like. I have had a few occasions where I pressed OFF, but perhaps too light and had to press OFF harder to get this to work.
I love the features, and especially ease of adjustment, including height adjustment.
I had wanted the feature of being able to release tension on the blade, but find this is a mixed blessing. The design is very good and fast to swing the lever to tension or release tension. I find it all too easy to forget I have this feature. The saw has a useful little window to see the degree of tension, but due how I stand at the bandsaw, I do not see this head-on and flip the switch, then hear the blade fall-off and only then remember "Duh, forgot to tension the blade".
This is a great tool for the price.
Dave Paine.

some
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:04:05 GMT, Tyke wrote:

Have you done any serious resawing with it? If so, how does it do?
Brian
Thanks. I'm looking for something capable of both light and heavy work. How narrow of a sawblade have you used on it?
I'm reading a bandsaw review in American Woodworker, but only have Nov's issue (part 2). It's touches on the 18 in. G0506, and mentions some difficulty in tracking smaller blades due to a low crown on the wheels. But the 18 in. spec. lists blades going down to 3/8", vs. a 1/8" min width on the 17 in. So I'm thinking the artcile's dig may not be as applicable to the 17 in. model, as it's specs may suggest (to me at least) better tracking of smaller blades.
Dave