Grizzly 8 inch jointer

Anyone got one of those new G04090 jointers with Parallelogram Beds? Looking to upgrade my Delta 6 inch jointer.
--
Frank Howell

Frank Howell wrote:

IIRC, there was at least one happy recipient recently posting in the wrec. DAGS for it...
er
--
email not valid

Yep, I do.
On Wed, 10 May 2006 00:37:48 GMT, "Frank Howell"

TT wrote:

Do you find this method better, then jointers with dovetail ways? My delta, I had to use shims on the dovetail ways, to get both infeed and outfeed beds coplaner.
--
Frank Howell

Haven't had to adjust the beds yet - they came perfectly aligned from the factory. The adjustment procedure seems fairly straightforward and there's no messing around with shim changes, although it does appear that it's a fairly iterative process which means it's probably not any quicker than the shimming method, just different.
I picked this one over the slightly cheaper dovetail Grizzly (G0586) primarily due to the parallelogram design which I suspect will result in better long term adjustability as the machine gets used (no wear on dovetail guides to worry about), the 3HP motor, and the longer infeed table. So far, it's met all my expectations.
On Wed, 10 May 2006 01:42:18 GMT, "Frank Howell"