Grizzly 14" BS - 1019Z - Z-Series Bandsaw

I've seen a few fairly negative reviews of this saw, as well as a bunch of positive ones as well. I've got an opportunity to pick one up with the 4" riser for $250 w/several blades and I'm thinking about it.

Anyone out there have any updates - good or bad - on this saw?

Thanks much.

JP

***************************** Or maybe an LT20 for $250?
Reply to
Jay Pique

For $250 you could try it out for a week or two and if you don't like it you could repost it in the paper and get your $250 back minus the fee to post it (call it a bandsaw rental). I have the G0155 and love it, not sure what the difference between the 1019z and the G0155 is (apparently they both have 1hp motors -- is that correct?).

Obviously you want to take a look at it and make sure it's in good working condition first, but other than that unless you're willing to pony up for a new one you'll probably be just fine (I've had great luck buying used equipment, I'd say half of my stuff is from garage sales or classifieds).

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Idaho