Grizzly 14" bandsaw and Carter stabilizer

I bought a Carter stabilizer for my bandsaw at a recent woodworking show. It helps you with small blades (e.g., 3/16th). It would not fit in the saw. (Well, it would have fit if I pounded on it.) I called Carter and they said that they have been having some problems with Grizzly saws and my solution was to file the attachment portion of the stabilizer to get it to fit. And I paid money for this??
Has any Grizzly owner had this kind of trouble? Did you really have to file it or were they just blowing me off?
TIA.
Dick Snyder
I just got a Carter Stabilizer and it slid easily into place on my old Delta.
I just got a six inch dia. 3/4" bore pulley from Grizzly today, and it took some doing to get it on. Polished and waxed the shaft, waxed the pulley bore, and put it on with a rubber mallet.