grizzly 1023sl question.

Making a sliding miter sled for my Dad's christmas present and need to know the distance from the right-hand side of the blade to the edge of the right miter slot. Phoned grizzly but haven't heard back. Thanks for your help.
On 9 Dec 2004 08:57:21 -0800, adg wrote:

I measure 4 3/8. Could varry with a different blade though.
Brian
Brian and Brenda Mahaney wrote:

Wouldn't the right side distance stay static? This is a left tilt model. The left side would move farther away or closer depending on blade kerf. It would change somewhat due to blade angle though.
I have a 1023s. Therefore, I can't give you a definite answer to the distance.
Eric
My sled was made for working on the left side of the blade for two reasons. First, the G1023SL being left tilt means that the left side of the blade is constant - second, I don't want to remove the fence everytime I cut something wide.
Don

D. J. Dorn wrote:

My bad. You're right. I had the mental image of my Griz confused with that of my older Craftsman left-tilt. I was mistakenly thinking that the motor was on the left of the blade. I had to go out and check under the hood and various other items that have been organized onto the saw surface. I suppose that the fact that the motor cover is on the right side would have been a hint. Sorry. Please disregard my original post.
Eric T
On 10 Dec 2004 09:45:57 -0800, robdingnagian1 wrote:

Not if I understand right and left on the saw. If I'm standing on the in feed side of the saw (where I would be if I were running the saw), I would drop my blade in and slide it to the left to place it on the arbor. Therefore, the left side of the blade butts against the static side of the arbor (as opposed to the nut side). So the distance from the right side of the blade to the edge of the right miter slot could vary with blade width. No?
Brian
Brian and Brenda Mahaney wrote:

Yep, apparently I was fessin up to my error at or about the same time you were givin me the ribbin. :) See post 5.
Eric