Grizzly 1022 cast wings on sale

In case anyone else out there has a 1022sm saw from Grizzly, I thought I'd let you know that they are selling their cast wings for $19 ea on closeout. I assume they are getting rid of them since the saw has been retired from their line. As I recall these were sold for ~$40 ea normally.

I don't have any affiliation with them, just thought it was a good deal. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Probably bad form to follow up on my own post but... I also saw they had some 1023 long rails for sale (the round kind). Is there any reason these wouldn't work on the 1022?

Jim wrote in news:bP3ec.47$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net:

Reply to
Jim

Thanks, I bought 2 wings. I never have been completely happy with the sheet metal ones.

Unless I have missed something, the rails also specify that they work on the

1022.

"G1187 70" Long Extension Rails for G1022SM/G1022Z Table Saws"

Unfortunately, I don't have room for those.

I also need to buy a new fence, I think. Do you have any experience with that? I'm thinking of the Vega.

Reply to
98Cobra

Can you provide a link for this? I can't find any info on their web site.

Reply to
Joe Wells

When I looked into them a couple years ago the long rails didn't support micro adjust.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Joe Wells wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

This should get you to the Grizzly discount/outlet sight.

it doesn't, go the grizzly.com then to the discontinued/outlet page then on Machine Accessories, then on Wings. It is the only one listed.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

hmmm... the rails I saw on sale were G6104s for a 1023. once I went back and did a search for the right number I see the ones your talking about for $39. Between the lack of micro-adjust and the extr $10 for oversized shipping, that puts me over my limit for buying long pipes ;)

I looked into upgrading my fence too a while back and was just about ready to by the Vega. It looks like a very nice fence (from the web sight anyway, never seen one in person). But then I decided if I bought a new fence I would NEVER be able to justify an upgrade to a cabinet saw.

Oh, and when I bought my 1022sm, the tech at Grizzly said that if I ever did by wings, they come drilled on both sides so the old steel wings can be attaced to the new cast ones....sweet. panels may be a lot more easy to handle in a week or so :)

Jim

"98Cobra" wrote in news:4078dadc$0$49490$ snipped-for-privacy@nnrp.fuse.net:

Reply to
Jim

Figures, I bought mine a few months ago at full price :-(

Reply to
John

Figures, I find this thread today, and they're already out of stock. :-P

Bob G.

Bob G.

replying to Jim, Randy wrote: I found a set of rails in my garage. They say model no. G6104. After searching I believe they are rails to a grizzly. I believe they are about 6foot long and there is two of them and they are brand new in the box.

Reply to
Randy