Grizz goes Mythbusting

Page 2 of 2

Jay Pique wrote:

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/meet/meet_03.html
On 3/19/2006 4:43 PM Robert Haar mumbled something about the following:

You start out saying you know nothing about the show, then you ask if they've advanced beyond adolescents, then you say you have your answer about the show. Obviously, you know SOMETHING about the show, but wish to remain ignorant about it while condemning it.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
CW wrote:

Um. What's a TV show?
er
--
email not valid

I actually HATE TV, but that's what TiVo is for!
Cramming 2 hours of what you REALLY want to watch into an hour or so at bed time. When you doze off, it's easy to pick it up again later.
No BS, no commercials, what you want, when you want it. TiVo makes TV watchable.
Certain shows can actually have some value. I actually get a great kick out from some of the problem solving trains of thought on Mythbusters, as well as Carrie's butt. <G>
Ba r r y wrote:

don't we all! and watching Adam hurt himself is amusing too
--
if corn oil comes from corn,
and olive oil comes from olives

Pure entertainment!
Some of the best shows are when they aren't all that successful. I like the way they share what went wrong. Did you happen to see the fire in the shipping container that melted the camera, all INSIDE the shop? <G>
I also like when they occasionally share the "You guys are morons!" email!
Barry

As someone else pointed out, if you can find the usenet and you like to build things, I am not sure how you never heard of Mythbusters.

"Television is a medium. Proof: It is not rare. It is not well done."
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:06:41 -0500, "Locutus"

Sometimes you just have to go with the entertainment value.

Rumor mill hath it that the thience on the thhow ith thomewhat 'hit or myth'.
Oh thit. my lithp is thowing.

?????? Ok......

It is a show on Discover channel.
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html
It is fun, backyard science as imagined by two hollywood special effects guys.
It ain't hard science. But it does addres many popular myths in a hollywood sort of way.

hollywood
Thanks for the factual, complete reply. I don't have cable, so I've never seen it.
Bob
news:LF8Tf.6431$>> >>

Cable, or Satellite TV or any of the other premium programming providers.

How old ARE you guys? ;-)
BillyBob wrote:

Yes TV show. Pretty good. You can see some of their shows on the internet as well.
--
Thank you,

Speaking of said Powermatic - did anybody catch the episode where they built a mock-up of the Ark of the Covenant? First the builder is shown fondling the wood in his truck. "Oooh, look at this beautiful wood!" In the next shot he's pushing wood through the saw using his entire body weight and smoke is billowing off the blade. All of the finished pieces were blackened.
gw wrote:

They're set carpenters, not fine woodworkers.
Remember, those guys also weld, sculpt, blow mold, wire etc...
Ever see the "ballistics gel" mold leak all over? <G>

is
Just imagine all the things that have been shoved through that saw. Steel, plastics, meat and bone, and who knows what else. I would imagine that blade is about as thrashed as it could be, and probably won't get changed until it breaks. It just needs to make it through the material, doesn't need to be pretty to get busted up.