for Amazon

And a good, healthy shake of the head, too.
I bought a Milwaukee 5625 router and a 1/4" collet to go with the 1/2" collet that comes with the router.
Well, in a box likely big enough to ship the router, Amazon shipped the collet all by itself.
"We've shipped this part of your order to ensure quicker service. The other items will ship separately at no additional shipping cost."
Well, maybe no additional cost to me but: A) at additional cost to Amazon B) what the heck do they think I'm going to do with the collet without the router?
Maybe I could put a 1/4" bit in the collet and make whirring noises while spinning it in my hands.
Bill
The next time someone from Europe complains about 'the brain drain' into America, I'm going to point out that apparently they are also shipping enough morons to balance matters out.

I don't like it when vendors break up an order. You can always request "No Split Orders, Please," especially when you need all items to do the job.
Phisherman wrote:

I know what you mean, but Amazon doesn't have a choice. All of the stuff they sell is coming to you directly from the manufacturer (possibly a distributor). Different manufacturers or different stocking locations require separate shipments. One of the prices you pay for cheap prices.

Amazon has plenty of warehouses. They have a large tool warehouse in Grand Forks, ND. They also seem to have a warehouse in Nevada.
I had ordered tools from various manufacturers on the same order and they all come in the same box. Sometimes the boxes are from Nevada and sometimes Grand Forks.
Some stuff may ship from the manufacturer or distributor, but that is probably for less common items.
Brian Elfert

Is the base plate next? Then the screws? ;-)
Puckdropper

You could do that....and then sue Amazon for the injuries sustained :)