grinding down metal inlaid into wood

HI I'm putting some brass pins into wooden knife scales/handles for the first time, but I'm not sure how I can grind down the brass without damaging the wood. Any suggestions welcome! cheers DW

I always just use a belt sander... I do this before final sanding on the wood. So when sanding down the brass, I do the first pass on may wood sanding at the same time. I have some knife making pictures on my website under carving..
Randy http://nokeswoodworks.com

Thanks Randy, great site, I'm sure I'll be referring back to it lots of times! cheers David