Greene & Greene Queen size Bed

Hello,
I have just finished a queen size Greene & Greene bed
The design is an adaptation of the Gamble House master bed. I tried to maintain the essential spirit of the design ....but I did take a few liberties.
Both the headboard and footboards have bolection (proud of the surface) inlay by Tom Duffy.
The inlay cutouts are in the shape of a Japanese tsuba (ornamental sword guard). Charles Greene had a tsuba collection and incorporated their shape in his designs from time to time.
You can view the bed at:
http://furnituremaker.com/Greene_mahogany_bed.htm
During construction I posted my progress at:
http://furnituremaker.com/progress.htm
--
Darrell Peart Furnituremaker
Custom Greene & Greene Style Furniture
Darrell Peart wrote:

Yeah, well, 'beautiful' doesn't really do this piece justice. Maybe 'stunning'. Maybe I need a thesaurus. BTW, may I ask how long this took to make? JOE

Dear Darrel,
Wow.....an amazing piece of work. We sure enjoyed you teaching here at American Sycamore and look forward to next year when you return. Keep up the beautiful work and you are an inspiration to us as we all try to become better woodworkers. thanks, Mike from American Sycamore www.americansycamoreretreat.com