Greene & Greene Lamps design

I am building a pair of small lanterns for my living room and am basing them on the lamps I have seen in some pictures of the Gamble House and Thorsen House. Though I am not trying to build reproductions, I would love to see some more detailed photos or even measured drawings. The particular lamps I am looking for are the small hanging lamps next to the fireplace in the Gamble House living rooms and the wall sconces in the Thorsen House living room. Does anyone know if details on these pieces are available?
Thanks, Richard

Not sure if this is any better than what you have already seen:
http://www.gamblehouse.org/_img/photos/int/porter-LRfire.jpg
http://www.gamblehouse.org/_img/photos/int/porter-LRsconce.jpg
message

http://www.gamblehouse.org/_img/photos/int/porter-LRfire.jpghttp://www.gamblehouse.org/_img/photos/int/porter-LRsconce.jpg
"mike" wrote in message

Damn, I love that stuff ... just like looking at it almost, but not quite, scratches a vague, mysterious itch.
Philosophical question/observation:
How does one go from spending the best part of 63 years more interested in exploring as much of the subtleties of feminine roundness as possible, to somehow not being able to get enough of just looking at the somehow squared roundness of the styles of the G&G's, Stickley's' Morris', et al?
My magazine budget, the likes of "American Bungalow", has grown with age
What tricks mother nature plays ... it boggles a puzzled mind.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

I have begun to ponder similar such issues. I keep arriving at the same conclusion (couldn't I possibly be wrong?): aging prostate and lowered testosterone levels. Is there an opportunity here for some related stem cell research?
--
"New Wave" (exaggerating only slightly) Dave In Houston

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:43:33 GMT, "New Wave Dave"

You make getting older sound like so much fun

Did I mention the chronic pain in both shoulders?
--
"New Wave" (no exaggeration) Dave In Houston

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 02:36:46 GMT, "New Wave Dave"

Wonderful. Something to look forward to. I can't wait. :(
"George Max" wrote in message

Scenario: At some point in your mid to late 40's, give or take a couple of years, you realize you've been feeling bad and perhaps have some aches/pains in strategic locations that start you worrying something is really wrong. After following various medical paths with no clear cut results, what finally dawns on you (and it might take a couple of years for the realization to sink in) is that there is really nothing wrong except you're getting old and the downhill s(l)ide of life has arrived.
If you haven't got there yet, just hang on ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Thanks. This explains everything. Time for more Advil.
[snipped for brevity]
http://www.gamblehouse.org/_img/photos/int/porter-LRsconce.jpg
Stunning.... simply stunning.
Anybody wanna buy my tools?
*sigh* That raised the bar a notch.....
Richard wrote:

Consider John Hamm's glass for your sconces -- his work graces the gorgeous reproduction stained glass in the R.R. Blacker House.
http://www.hammstudios.com /
After these, follow the bouncing ball... and find your way around all of the projects Greene & Greene ever built/designed.
http://tinyurl.com/y3xy9q http://tinyurl.com/y4685g http://tinyurl.com/szp2v http://tinyurl.com/d6jcy
btw.. they all zoom in real close. Thousands of pictures here.