Great prices on power tools at Home Depot today

Page 2 of 2

yeh a little bait this time of year may just catch a big gloat. lol. if silvan had known about the sale he could have saved an additional 10% of the discount using lowes pricematch rule. hehehehe shmbo does it all the time!! by the way dave i saw the desk. fine job! skeez
snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Hmmm... I still have the receipt. So I could save 30% on this thing?
I don't mind driving back out to Lowe's. Lowe's isn't near anything that calls out to SWMBO's purse strings.
Plus it's not orange.
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:56:08 -0500, Silvan

lol :-] i dont know if they will honor this policy after the fact or not. give it a whirl. worst case they say no. skeez
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:35:14 -0500, Silvan

that sounds a lot like capital blvd. ???????????????// skeez
snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Capital Blvd. in Raleigh? Yeah, it does, doesn't it? I know just where those are.
It's not though.
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:59:21 -0500, Silvan

i think its part of their master plan so you can always find them no mater what city your in! hehehehe. skeez
snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

That's very likely. It also sounds like any number of other places that come to mind. Richmond, Roanoke, Columbia, Charlotte...
Dick Snyder wrote:

It is nationwide. Just got myself the Ryobi 18v Super Combo II for $135. Whadda deal!
--
HuntMan

YEP, of course Lowe's has responded in kind, improves the selection.
I picked up the PC 14.4 drill/driver/hammerdrill, $160 (US) after the 20% off, two batteries, one-hour charger. Last one on the shelf, looks like HD is moving to mostly Ridgid. Really had my eye on the Milwaukee 14.4 drill/driver/hammerdrill, which I never saw anywhere than at HD, but they no longer carried it. IIRC, the Milwaukee had NiMh batteries, the PC NiCd, but that'll have to suffice.
I rarely have a need for a hammerdrill, certainly not enough to justify buying a separate one even though the corded are about $60 if you go cheap. And 14.4 is a little light for that, but the 18V are just two damn heavy for the 5,000 normal screws I drive and holes I drill for every time I need the hammerdrill function. But when you need a hammerdrill, nothing else will do. Compromise, compromise, comprise...
I tried to see if they'd give me 20% off clamps too, but alas, no, only power tools.
I've been eyeing the PC 15ga pneumatic finish nailer for a while now and went to HD to pick one up at the 20% off sale. BUT "pneumatic tools aren't included in the sale" says the cashier. I argued that the sale says all power tools and it shouldn't make a difference that nailer is powered by air and not electricity. His manager agreed and I got it for 20% off. Does this qualify as a neener?
Art

Maybe, did you know PC is currently offering a really good combo with that?
A 2 HP, 6 gal compressor, the 15 ga nailer, a brad nailer, hose, and some small bits for $289. I'm looking for a finish nailer and a portable compressor, so I'm probably going to jump on it this week.
What'd the nailer cost after the discounts?
Barry
I looked at the combo but as I already have a compressor and the BN200 . . . I also tried to find a friend/neighbor/whatever to split the combo with but no luck.
$143.20
Art
message

Again, I should read it before hitting send.
$143.20 for the DA250B.
Art

Ah! Different nailer than the combos include.
Don't forget to save your receipt towards PC's giveaway.
Barry