Great prices on power tools at Home Depot today

Page 1 of 2
I went to my local Home Depot in Massachusetts to buy a Ryobi oscillating spindle sander which had been marked down from $99 to $87. I noticed there was a sale of all power tools for an additional 20% off. So I got the spindle sander for $69. You may not want this product but if there are any power tools that you have had an eye on, this could be the day to buy them. I don't know if this is a nationwide sale.
: I went to my local Home Depot in Massachusetts to buy a Ryobi oscillating : spindle sander which had been marked down from $99 to $87. I noticed there : was a sale of all power tools for an additional 20% off. So I got the : spindle sander for $69. You may not want this product but if there are any : power tools that you have had an eye on, this could be the day to buy them. : I don't know if this is a nationwide sale.
It must be nationwide... and it lasts Friday thru Sunday.
Now, do I pick up that $559 Ridgid 6" jointer that's being clearanced for $399 (less the 20%) or the ... or the...
darned decisions!!
--
Steve
www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/
Steve wrote:

I just bought the BT3100 at the sale price a half hour ago and am about to go after the Rigid Jointer. Damned expensive Xmas<G>. Love them sales!
Dick Snyder wrote:

It figures.
SWMBO told me she had decided to get me the scroll saw, and wanted me to come carry the thing. So we're in the car, headed for Lowe's, and I say "Think we should check out the Despot? We haven't looked at their scroll saws." "Sure," she says, always eager for more shopping.
We're in the right lane, coming up to the light. Then I say "Ah, screw it, I hate 'Just Like Lowe's Only Orange' anyway. Let's just go to Lowe's." So I make a break for the left lane real quick like, and to Lowe's we go.
Just bought the thing at Lowe's. Whattaya bet they have the same model at the Despot 20% off of a similar retail price?
If I tell SWMBO about this, she'll make us take the thing back to Lowe's and go get the one at the Despot. "Then while we're over at the Despot, let's go to Target and Michael's, oh and let's look at used games at GameStop so I can get pissed off at you when you refuse to show an interest in any of the dumb looking games I pick out and suggest for you. Then while we're over here, let's head over to Barnes & Noble so you can get me one of those frapachapa frozen dooflatchies at Starbucks."
You know what? Piss on it. It will cost me a hell of a lot more than the $20 difference I could save to go buy that damn thing at Home Despot!
need a little cheese?
dave
Silvan wrote:

where the Whiner-in-Chief has the gall to accuse someone else of it. Now *that's* funny.
Doug Miller wrote:

What, he offered me some cheese? If it's good cheese, I'll take some, even from him.
What kind of cheese? I like sharp cheddar and colby. Swiss is good too. Maybe some monterrey jack or provlone. Perhaps a bit of munster. I'm not into all these yuppy cheeses that are still dripping and/or covered with live mold and/or bacteria cultures.
I'd have to say a slice of sharp cheddar on a Triscuit with a wege of Granny Smith apple on the side is about the best way to go.
I don't like wine though. Anything that doesn't taste like vinegar is out of my price range.
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:53:50 -0500, Silvan
<snip>

Last week someone served me apple pie with cheddar cheese on top. It was one of the most horrible tasting things I ever had, yet I like apples and cheddar, but not together.

try a thin slice of some crisp sweet apple and a thin slice of sharp cheddar. both cold, fresh. not cooked apple and melted american cheese....     Bridger
Phisherman wrote:

Here in NM you can get an awesome little dessert at a small drive-up place that is a sopaipilla (fry bread) stuffed with warm apple pie mix from a can, grated cheddar cheese and covered on the outside with powdered sugar. Most excellent! Good grunts!
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:06:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I think a lot of Silvan's posts are pretty funny. He seems like a guy that would be fun to hang out with. He also seems like a guy who's way too intelligent to be driving a truck.
Barry
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 02:16:12 +0000, B a r r y B u r k e J r. wrote:

Same here, but I had to add him to the bin a while ago for different reasons than BAD - he was posting so much stuff for me to download over a modem link and I simply didn't have the thumb twiddling time.
-Doug
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

I don't know if I'd be fun to hang out with or not. I'm pretty boring in truth. I have my job, my family, my shop, and that's about it. I spend a great deal of time alone.
As for intelligence... Well, nah... I could write a 5,000+ word essay, but nobody cares. I have a *lot* of opinions about the relative societal value of intelligence. (Obviously it ain't much.)
(I have a lot of opinions on everything. *That's* what I need to do. Get myself an opinion column so I can rant for dollars. I wonder if it's possible to earn $32,000 a year bitching about the world from my unique perspective? Without relocating? Hrmmm...)
Anyway, you or anyone else, if you're ever in town, stop on by. I won't be going anywhere, but we can stand in my back yard and discuss plans for saving my shop from the termites over a frosty bottle of America's finest piss water beer.
(The last people we let come in the house got that "Oh. My. GOD!" look on their faces, so we don't let people come in the house anymore. Yes, it's cluttered. We hate housework, we both have jobs, and we can't afford a maid. Get over it.)
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:56:57 -0500, Silvan

You're a born Op-Ed columnist. <G>
Barry

Boring is not so bad. Some of the women I know that married Mr. Excitement have been married to three or four of them and are still not happy. I know some boring guys that have been married for 30+ years to the same woman.
I also have an opinion of most everything. I also find that my opinions is the "right" one while people with opposing opinions are usually "wrong". Funny how that happens. ;) Ed
FWIW:
Lowes is also advertising 20% off power tools this weekend.
Unfortunately, they don't carry Chicago Electric. <G>
Barry
Silvan wrote:

LOL!
But after 20+ years other factors seem to be taking over... :-(
-- Mark
Andy Rooney did exactly that and for one hell of a lot more $$. Don't know if he had to relocate though. OTOH he was far more cranky than you seem to be from your posts.
Art

Lewis Black is now doing it as well. <G>
Barry
Wood Butcher wrote:

You sayin' I need to get more cranky? I can definitely be cranky. Somebody the other day called me a "grumpy bastard."
I don't think I'm old enough to be grumpy yet, but maybe I should try it on for size.