great deal on a Lee Valley catalog

In case you don't want to bother calling or emailing Lee Valley to request a recent catalog, you can just buy one on eBay - bidding starts at only $4.99 with shipping. And it's not the heavy, inconvenient full woodworking catalog - this is the handy 40-page January edition. Check out http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename ­ME %3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item20075394232&rd=1 (ebay item 320075394232) I wonder why there are no bids yet? Andy (I hope it's unnecessary to say that I'm NOT affiliated with this seller...)
Add pictures here
βœ–

Now... if it was autographed by Robin....
Add pictures here
βœ–

That would be a totally different story. Rob, are you listening? If someone was auctioning an autographed copy of this year's full woodworking catalog, with the drool-inducing handplane centerfold, that might generate some interest. Or if someone found a few old LV catalogs with the cover upside down or something like that, maybe they'd be worth a lot like baseball cards with mistakes. Interesting. Andy
Add pictures here
βœ–
I just left eBay looking for router bits. Page after page of Asian junk. $2.99 for bit, $20.99 for shipping. I think it will be a good while before I go back to eBay for anything. I guess some people get deals but I have never found one. A few years ago I needed a saw sharpening vice. Ordered from eBay. It arrived. A week later I was perusing a catalog (Lee Valley, I believe) and saw a new one for less than half what I paid. P. T. Barnum knew what he was talking about.
Joe
Add pictures here
βœ–

Craigslist is where you get the bargains. Of course half the stuff is stolen but hey a dead is a deal...:)

Add pictures here
βœ–
Joe -
David F. Eisan frequents the wrec and quite often has Delta or Jesada quality bits and sets . I've bought several sets from him - top quality and fair price. No affiliation other than a satisfied customer.
Vic

Add pictures here
βœ–

Well, if it was the exclusive "Turning Tools & Supplies" catalog I could recommend it. I wouldn't bid on it, though, 'cause I already got one.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Psst! Wanna sell it on E-Bay?
:)