Great Day

It's Labour Day here, notionally the beginning of summer and it was warm and brilliantly sunny. I had a fine afternoon with my daughters (aged 7&9 going on 17 & 19) who managed to sand and oilstain all our outdoor furniture. I just had to supervise and keep the stain spills under control. Next year (I told them) they can do it without supervision.
Meanwhile, whatever hardwood the 15 year old Adirondack chair is made of... I needed to put a brace near the back where the original screw had torn out. I used a new screw bit (tapered with the coutersink built in). Smoked and blue before I had drilled half the first hole. Oh, and my local Borg seems to no longer stock steel woodscrews so I broke a brass one. It seems that steel longthreads work acceptably as taps for brass screws, though I can't see why they should...
--
"Any PC built after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit,"
Reverend Jim Peasboro

Because they are much, much harder than the brass.
Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Yup - I know. The actual threads are quite different though, different taper on the screw and different thread pitch. In the past I have used a steel woodscrew of the same size to tap the hole before inserting the brass one. Whatever the steel longthread did to the hole worked to open it up for the brass screw.
--
"Any PC built after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit,"
Reverend Jim Peasboro

Learn how to spell. It's "Labor Day". And it already passed, here. And you copied it from us. It was an American Holiday first. New Zealand is a joke of a country.

Keep your hands off them.
snipped-for-privacy@uwphotographer.net (Leicaddict) wrote: [snipped]
PLONK
snipped-for-privacy@icgcom.com
Doug Miller wrote:

--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:06:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Can't you do ANYTHING without tellin' the whole world?! lol
Have a nice week...
Trent