Grave consequences of failure in Iraq?

Page 1 of 3
President Bush mentioned something about grave consequences of our failure in Iraq.
My question is, did he think about said consequences when he invaded Iraq. Or is that an afterthought?
RM
Ronald McDonald wrote:

He apparently thought that the Iraqis would welcome us with open arms, and be kissing our feet because we removed Sadam and gave them a republic. Any sane, western person would do that.
Of course, he's igorant about anthropology. These people are primitives who live in the 7th century with flush toilets: they just LOVE a good dictatorship and killing each other. The entire idea of a republic and fair play is totally alien to them. They think the entire effort is very stupid, and they can't wait until we're gone so they can slaughter each other.
Now, what they WOULD understand if we killed them, and let them know we were willing to kill them all if they didn't behave. That is the principle that every Arab government works under, indeed, every MOSLEM government. THAT they know, respect and can understand; it makes them feel secure because it is familiar to them. Voting? Purple fingers? HA! They think that's a damned joke.
Check it out, I said that you couldn't bring a democracy to these man-beasts when Bush began to talk about nation building. Once again, I was proven right.
If Bush wants a peaceful Iraq, he needs to: 1) Kill the enemy. 2) Install a dictator friendly to the US.
On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:32:58 -0800, Stuart Grey wrote:

Hey, you've convinced me! When does Bush depart?

Naah, his daddy did that and junior used it as an excuse to invade.
-- Regards, Curly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ https://osuny.co.uk/forum ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try getting a little bit detached from your partisan politics and ask yourselves "what is really going on". The lame whining about "democrats vs. republicans" is boring.
Ignoramus26157 wrote:

Bush travelled back in time and caused Krakatoa to blow up and thus cause the dark ages.
--
`The Smoke is Strong with this one.

,--'_`--.
Grave Consequences means :
Bush is going to put as many innocent Americans and Iraqis in the grave as possible,
he and Cheney have done the math and they know exactly how much money Halliburton makes from each dead soldier and each dead Iraqi,
they are going to split the profits with Blair,Limbaugh, Rove, O'Reilly, along with Murdoch and his Faux Nazi news service,
this is not a joke

David R wrote:

sure it is.
PROVE that Bush and Cheney profit from each death. If you're not joking, you're a liar.
PROVE they are going to split the profits with all these radio talk show hosts.
PROVE that Murdoch runs a Nazi news service. Hell, Murdoch is a Democrat who supported both Gore and Kerry.
I'd be more than happy to take that back if you could prove it, but you and I know you're just a hateful little liar.
that Bush and Cheney profit from each death. If you're not joking,

Prove that man walked on the moon.
Steve Downey wrote:

Ah. You are one of those wackjobs who think that it was all a NASA sound stage.
My error was mistaking a conspiracy nut for a sane person.
Steve Downey wrote:

The cover of Science Magazine where two retroreflected laser dots were bounced off it.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Steve Downey wrote:

http://viral.lycos.co.uk/attachments/1103/moontruth.mpg
http://www.realidadeoculta.com/moontruth.mpeg
--

FF

Stuart Grey wrote:

He might pass himself off as viable candidate if no one checks his references too closely.
But why would President Antichrist want a peaceful Iraq? Ain't no money in dat.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Prove there is more money in a war torn Iraq than in an peaceful one where they can pump oil.
You commies need to get your story straight. First you guys said we're there to steal the oil, now you're saying that we're there because war is profitable. Which is it? It can't be both, it's hard to steal the oil while there are people shooting at you.
Stuart Grey wrote:

incompetence. To claim there was money for him would only prove he did anything other than shoot from the hip in a pissing contest.
Problem is, baby bush screwed up so royally (he's so far over his head) that no one is going to be able to bail him out his time (unlike a dozen other times throughout his lifetime failures.
Cheney, other the other hand, likely believed his Halliburton stock would soar as a result of business ventures securing the oil lines. However, he never understood / thought through / wanted to believe the (obvious to most) outcome that has materialized.
Bottom line - It's been a combination of greed & incompetence.

develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998
"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998
"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999
"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002
"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
Gunner wrote:

<snip of long series of quotes from Democrats supporting the Iraq policy>
OK, you've now proven that ALL politicians are a bunch of <insert expletive here>, SO? I thought we all knew that. No system of government where people are elected based on the amount of money they can raise and where they spend their time in office raising more money for their re-election will ever give any result other than the one we have now.
Not to mention that "Nobody who wants to be elected should be" was one of Will Rogers wisest statements.
So what's the answer?
I don't know, but I suspect pulling names out of a hat and making it a duty to serve (for one term only) if your name is pulled could only be an improvement. :-).
--
It's turtles, all the way down

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:22:25 -0800, Larry Blanchard

See:
Phillip K. Dick, "Solar Lottery"
gamer wrote:

The reason for the war was valid: http://home.comcast.net/~stuart.grey/Why_We_are_In_Iraq.htm
Bush's incompetence was only that he doesn't understand anthropology and the Moslem Arab culture and mindset. Bush also lacked the guts to win the war, believing in some comic book 'Superman' like ending that is childish and immature.

That is a very simplistic view. You must not have thought about this very much.

The hired contracting business is good.

<Prove there is more money in a war torn Iraq than in an peaceful one <where they can pump oil.
Prove that somebody loved their dead parents.