Graco 2900,3900 HVLP(Pat raises his hand with a question)

Page 2 of 2

Nine year old bldg. put up by the Carpenter's Union Retirement fund being declared unsafe because people didn't pay attention to the detail. Boy are people trying to cover their butts now.
Mike M
On 5/28/2010 11:20 AM, Mike M wrote:

That's exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about ... it's ubiquitous! Bend over, America, and kiss your third world country ass goodbye.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Well, at least the asshole unionistas got their large (and totally undeserved) wages for building it.
BOHICA.
--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. ---------------------------------------------------

Depending on your religion, you might have said, "God is on the details.*" But it would seem you don't worship in the same church as Ludwig Mies van der Rohe!
*An earlier form, "Le bon Dieu est dans le detail" (the good God is in the detail) is generally attributed to Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880)
Well, to tell you the truth, I was wondering which needle sets I should order as "extra's"...
They offer 1.0mm 1.5mm 2.0mm 3.0mm
You get the 2.0 and the 1.5 when you buy the gun.
I assume that's the most popular setup but wouldn't a 3.0mm be better for heavy materials like latex ?
I ain't seen no mention of prices on the needle sets.
PS: In one of the several videos, you can very clearly see the word "Earlex" on the gun, so I assume somebody bought somebody else.
I always thought Graco to be a monster size company.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

To do a follow up on this little trail of information:
I shot a email off to the company on prices and they responded in the same damn day.
The needle set(s) for the two higher end guns is $ 24.95 each.
The lower end gun apparently uses a different setup.
I plan to get in the game this weekend.
Pat Barber wrote:

Hah! I knew it. I thought I recognized that machine!
Pat, the needle set that comes with the machine should do all you need. The 1.5mm will do your clear coats and oil based enamels. Use the 2mm for latex and other heavier stuff.
The only time I ever use my 1mm tip is when spraying dye that is water thin and I am misting.
I have never used a 3mm on anything, but I would imagine if you had something thick enough to spray that it required that size of tip, these machines would push it out. They only get 3 psi at the cup, and while adequate for most applications, it won't push out the heavy stuff.
Robert

Specs say the hose is 13 feet.
I saw the machine taken off a shelf and working with latex paint(thinned) and it appears to work just fine.
The hose is 13' feet long on the 2900 The hose is 6' feet long on the 1900(very basic model)
Go here for some little videos on the machine...
http://www.spray-station.com/How_to.html
I plan to buy one this weekend....
Lobby Dosser wrote:

You might want to look at the Earlex system at Highlandwoodworking. It is similar to the one at Lowes but has an all metal spray gun instead of plastic. $150.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/earlexspraystationhv2900hvlpsystem.aspx