Gothic

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Gothic-Posters_i1832502_.htm
Someone was looking for Gothic the other day. Found this while I was googling for the letter t. Never knew Gothic art could be so interesting.
JOAT The whole of life is a learning process. - John Keel
On Nov 16, 2:31 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

If you like this type of art google 'Boris Vallejo'
Not really. But I must say, I never knew there were to many ways to make the letter t. Makes the alphabet much more interesting, some how.. http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Letter-T-Posters_i2622191_.htm
JOAT The whole of life is a learning process. - John Keel
On Nov 16, 2:31 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Looks like the kind of small "g" goth stuff that one granddaughter liked until recently. Her interests seem to have finally expanded beyond pissing off her parents, though, so all the metal is out of her face and she's acting semi-human (about as good as it gets for most 17 year olds, IMO).
Fri, Nov 16, 2007, 8:00am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (CharlieSelf) doth sayeth: Looks like the kind of small "g" goth stuff that one granddaughter liked until recently. Her interests seem to have finally expanded beyond pissing off her parents, though, so all the metal is out of her face and she's acting semi-human (about as good as it gets for most 17 year olds, IMO).
Google does make searches interesting at times. My son is 31 now, married, with an 8 yo dau. Some months back his mother ivited them (and his brother, but she pissed him off, and he didn't go) out to Vegas on her dime. She's never had much contact with the boys, so that was strange. But, I just wish I could have at least seen a picture of her face when she saw the older son. Tattoos, long hair, earrings. LMAO But, he's never been in trouble with the law, got a good job, and works hard. But she started on him, and the dau-in-law immediately proceeded to tell her that was not the thing to do. Sure would have been nice if someone had realized it was a Kodak moment. She shoulda kept in closer contact. LOL
JOAT The whole of life is a learning process. - John Keel

"Gothic" is a massive misnomer, as far as I'm concerned. The fact that it's gone from gothic to 'goth' is perhaps more appropriate.
Nonetheless, I'm not quite sure how Royo (and by extension, presumably Boris Vallejo as well) qualify as either Gothic, gothic, or goth.
Colin