Got plans for this boat?

Page 2 of 2

Heeeeyyyy!!! He started off on a barge, fur cryingoutloud...Noah didn't have a barge...not fair.
Sat, Apr 28, 2007, 8:45pm .@. (Stoutman) doth sayeth: Looking for plans for this boat if you got any. http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/28/dutch.ark.ap/index.html I need a few board feet of cedar I think.
You got the extras taken care of too? http://pigstore.stores.yahoo.net/worbessuppoo.html
Nope, think you need gopher wood, along with pitch.
Don' need no steenkin' plans. Here's cmplete diections. Now, if you can only figure out WTF a cubit is, Bob's your uncle.
So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. So make yourself an ark of gopher wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high. Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within one cubit of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has breath of life in it..." Genesis 6:13-17
JOAT If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter. - W.S. Lind
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) opin'd thus:

"Riiiight."
"What's a cubit?"
-Noah (as quoted by Bill Cosby)
--
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Don Fearn wrote:

Would that be a long cubit or a short cubit?
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Bill in Detroit wrote: | Don Fearn wrote: | || || "Riiiight." || || "What's a cubit?" || || -Noah (as quoted by Bill Cosby) || | | Would that be a long cubit or a short cubit?
Possibly a metric cubit (tracable to the official standard bronze cubit kept in the weights and measures section of the library at Al Iskandria).

And now you too can buy your very own cubit...
http://store.ncsli.org/Cubit_P126C37.cfm
--
Lloyd Baker
"Robatoy" < snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca> wrote in message
scouter3 wrote:

Nah, that won't work. It's an Egyptian cubit. It only works in the North / South orientation and, since the earth has shifted, is out of calibration.
Sheesh ... you'd think metrology labs would be up to date on this stuff.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube