Got plans for this boat?

Page 1 of 2
Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/28/dutch.ark.ap/index.html
I need a few board feet of cedar I think.
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com
Stoutman wrote: | Looking for plans for this boat if you got any. | | http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/28/dutch.ark.ap/index.html | | I need a few board feet of cedar I think.
At lea
Stoutman wrote: | Looking for plans for this boat if you got any. | | http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/28/dutch.ark.ap/index.html | | I need a few board feet of cedar I think.
Board cuit

Got a cubitstick somewhere.
Stoutman wrote: | Looking for plans for this boat if you got any. | | http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/28/dutch.ark.ap/index.html | | I need a few board feet of cedar I think.
OE meltdown - sorry about the previous posts.
I was imagining a Middle-Eastern lumber salesman saying: "You want /how/ many cubits?"
Now we know what happened to the great forests of Holland.
Morris Dovey wrote:

Interestingly enough, there is a scarcity of boat building timber in Holland.
It is a major reason some of the best metal yacht builders are located in Holland.
SFWIW, my first sailboat (fiberglass) started life in Holland.
I would not even want to venture a guess how much he has invested in that hull.
Lew

And to top it off, it doesn't look all that seaworthy - I'd hate to be aboard something like that in any kind of a sea (the stresses on the keel and ribs and planking would be amazing). Does the phrase "Pump or drown" go back that far?

One of the reasons the Dutch had for making areas into forest (or protecting what was there) was growing pine for making mining supports (ther used to be coal mining in the South of Holland, near Maastricht). It is one of the reasons that the Veluwe region near where I grew up was quite forested (see <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veluwe>. Another reason was that the soil in that region is almost pure builder's sand, so farming had to combine husbandry of grazing animals and collection of manure with growing of simple crops (rye, wheat, not oats). Great bicycling and hiking, and visiting the van Gogh painitngs in the Krller Mller Museum.
--
Best regards
Han

Original plans were free too. I think JOAT posted them for Noah
Plans are in Genesis chapter 6. Actually you'll need Gopher wood. Also, the plans only include a description of the outer dimensions and a few details about a roof, multi-levels and door on the side and the directions to use pitch, likely Titebond 1 BC.
*** Religious section begins here: [Noted for those who would rather not] *** Much like the entire description of creation through the fall of man from Gods grace which only takes the first three pages of the bible, the ark story doesn't have much detail. The real story of the bible is about the redemption of man and that takes all the other pages and we still don't get it.

Stoutman wrote: | Looking for plans for this boat if you got any. | | http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/28/dutch.ark.ap/index.html
With a suitable trailer, this would probably be a fitting decoration for the driveway in front of Nikolai Sutyagin's 13-story house in (did you remember the name of the town?) Arkhangelsk.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Absorber.html

I think it is fine in Schagen, a city (since 1415) in one of the flattest and windiest parts of Holland <http://www.schagen.nl/index.php?mediumid=1
--
Best regards
Han

The transoms were designed to hold 722 outboard motors... or one REALLY big one.
So, were did Noah get his engines, Johnson?

EVERYbody knows he didn't use engines.. he used trained manatees... or one Huge manatee.
That's what the radio reporter exclaimed when the Hindenburg burst into flames: "Oh The Huge Manatee!!"
I have this from a good source.

LOL!! :)
Robatoy wrote:

Wrong! Actually he was referring to his brother-in-law, HUGH Manatee. Hugh's the guy who was tending the lines on the Hindenburg and whose last words were, "No Smoking sign? WHAT 'No Smoking' sign?"

You can see more pics at: http://www.arkvannoach.com/themakingof.htm

Investment: 500,000 Euros, @ $1.36/euro, that's a lot!!!
--
Best regards