Got my favorite woodworking magazine yesterday

WoodenBoat. Only comes every other month, but well worth the wait. Thiis issue has got an excellent article on Dust Control Strategies; how to, a dust control attachment for a circular saw; a bit on the Festool rail-guided saw; a bit on Lee Valley's "Little Victor" plane. Plus the usual pics of boats built or restored by readrs, loads of color pictures of boats and some most excellent woodworking. And, ads for tools, wood, fastenings, boats for sale, et al. I figure as long as I'm going to look at wodwor I'll never do, and/or afford, might as well look big.

They have how to articles too, bending wood, plane making, plane modifying, laminating wood, and so on. It's the only woodworking magazine I get now, and te only one I wouldn't be willing to get rid of. Even if you don't like boats, some very excellent woodworking.

J T

Nice!

Yeah, my life plans include building a small to medium sail or cabin motor boat to learn some technique, then a ChrisCraft style Runabout, love that mohogany and finally some big mutha as my retirement project to sail off into the sunset.

I might need to chase down a subscription to that mag.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

A co-worker of mine built a _beautiful_ 20' motor boat, based on something in that mag. The boat is white cedar with white oak rails and hard points, along with mahogany details. He recently sold it in the WB classifieds and had it shipped from CT to Sacramento, CA.

A great mag, it is! One of these days. I'd like to replace my cheesy plastic kayak with a pretty wooden model built by me. Our local Woodcraft has an excellent kayak building class.

My retirement project is going to be an experimental airplane. Gotta' get some metalworking skills...

**
**

B A R R Y

Or you could get a head start by finishing my project.

IT is definitely a go anywhere boat.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Beautiful!

Reply to
TH

Thank you.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Wow!

Now if the damned th> S>

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Mon, Jul 16, 2007, 10:09am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SonomaProducts.com) doth exclaimeth in awe: Wow! Now if the damned thing will just float.

Not to worry. He'll launch it in shallow water. Then if it won't float, there'll still be enough sticking out of the water so he can turn it into a "floating" restaurant.

J T

SonomaProducts.com wrote: > Wow! >

That ranks right up there with asking Boeing, "Will it fly?"

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett