Got Charlie Self's New Book Today

Got Charlie's new book in the mail today.
It is a tasty little volume, chock full of interesting stuff about wood and woodworking and such.
I'd just like to send my congratulations along to him for producing such a fine volume for my wooddorking bookshelf.
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:46:59 -0400, the inscrutable Tom Watson
I ordered one last week but my order would have been held up for at least 2-3 weeks waiting for Charlie's book! Instead, I cancelled it and got a copy of the other book I needed for $8 less from an Amazon reseller. <sigh>

I'll get a copy eventually, hopefully an autographed copy.

Goodonya, Mate. (Yew, two, Charlie.)
-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=- http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design

Mine arrived Tuesday -- from Amazon. I'd ordered it, and another book. Got the confirmation email on May 28th - said it'd be June 14th at the earliest! -- Shipped from DE to OR, arrived June 1. Pretty surprising and impressive.
BTW, I, too, like the book. It's got a lot of good information in a really accessible format. I particularly like the 'wood' section.
Good job, Charlie!
Regards, JT

This afternoon while leafing through the latest issue of Woodwork, I noticed Charlie's byline on an article about making one's own waxes. Nothing like exchanging bytes with the rich and famous in the woodworking world, no?
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Tom Watson wrote:

I bought mine in a local bookstore, here in CT, this morning.
Barry
Can you describe the flavor, Tom?
Dave