Got any ideas...

I'm trying to come up with a better way of gluing exterior door rails and styles together.

I use a floating tenon system so the tenons are fairly loose in the mortise. I mix epoxy with fine sanding dust and fill all the mortises with about 1/2" of the mixture. Then insert the tenon in one half and push the two halves together displacing all the air. Works well but it's time consuming, messy and epoxy is very poisonous. What I would like to do is use some sort of hand operated injection system. This way I could dry assemble the door(s). Mix up the glue, pour it into a tube or dispenser and then pump it into the mortises through a pre drilled hole until a small amount squeezes out a small vent hole at the other end or other side. Hopefully this makes sense. Can you buy empty tubes that ca be filled and then used in a caulking gun. Or do you have any other ideas or suggestions. The only two things that are absolute: it has to be economical and has to work with a low viscosity water proof glue, i.e. epoxy.

One more thing. I didn't want the trolls in this group to see this so I figured here was as good as anywhere. I use Outlook Express and the best way I've found to filter idiots is to create a rule that blocks every swear word I can think of, and then some, in the subject line. In the last couple of years that I've been using a subject line filter it's been at least 98% effective. Every once in a while I have to update the list cause some jerk gets a bit more creative.

Reply to
Damned if i know

Try going to a vet or a pet store and see if you can buy some big syringes. Mix your potion up put it in the syringe and inject it that way. You may not be able to gewt it through a small needle but the opening on the end of the syringe should work nicely.

Reply to
myxpykalix

Lee Valley, again:

or