Gosh I hope this is a gloat/Lumber yards in Buffalo NY?

I just bought a Performax 16/32 w/stand for $629 from RAF in Buffalo (after the rebate). Okay, I have to drive 60 miles and pay sales tax; but it is still $200 below Amazon. I sure hope it turns out to be a gloat!
As long as I am in Buffalo, are there any really sexy lumber yards worth a visit? I've never seen a Rockler; is that worth a visit, or will it just look like a WoodCraft?
Toller wrote:

If you want to see a real hardwood lumber place try:
Advantage Trim & Lumber 601 Ohio St. Buffalo NY 14203
http://www.advantagelumber.com /
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Yup. Can't figure out why it is so cheap. That is what worries me.
Toller wrote:

Does the company happen to be located in the Seneca Warehouse (600 block of Seneca St, bordered by Larkin, Exchange and Hamburg Streets). I ask because my neighbor bought three DVD players from a company located there that sells surplus equipment. They sell only via Ebay.
He paid $40 for all three players (plus a $20 handling fee although he picked them up) and they all were fine.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Don't know. They are in Lackwanna and their warehouse is by the airport. I have passed through Buffalo several hundred times, but only been there once to see the Galleria when it was new.
Toller wrote:

Okay, that would be RAF Supply at 2350 Hamburg Tpke, Lackawanna. I drive past there location frequently, as they're about 3 miles from my house, but I've never dealt with them.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

are 40% over Amazon on it. I can't figure out why they are so cheap on the drum sander.

Maybe it has been sitting in the warehouse taking up cash flow for a long time and he wants to move it as fast as possible. There may be a larger markup on it, thus the greater discount, compared to a router. Only way to know for sure it to ask him if he is making enough profit and offer to pay more if he is not.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

The shop is listed as an authorized service shop for a number of different tool manufacturers. I suspect it's a unit that was brought in for repair and never picked up. They probably listed the tool on Ebay for what they had into it.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA