Gorilla Ladder at Home Depot

In this weeks circular Home Depot has a multi position 13' Gorilla Ladder for 89.00. Anyone know of the quality of this. I want to use in to install moldings in the stairwells of my home as well as other misc. jobs. Thanks in advance.
Mike

On another forum, a poster had bought the Little Giant ladder for $198. This is the system you see on informercials. His neighbor bought the Gorilla ladder at Home Depot for about $90. The poster borrowed the neighbors ladder and with a side-by-side comparison he said that they were identical. See http://cr.planetchristmas.com/default.asp?action=9&reada65&fid `
Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO
MikeS wrote:

that something feeling that made the Wright brothers successful. Anyway, we bought a Gorilla 6' mainly because it had a tray and the other brand didn't. It seems quite sturdy and reasonably well made.     mahalo,     jo4hn

I have the Gorilla and the Little Giant. The Little Giant several years longer.
A side from the bottom support brackets welded in a position that requires me to wiggle, bounce, fiddle, finagle, and hold my mouth in various ways to get the extended sides of the ladder to fully retract with out binding and one of the hinged locks that needs to be manually set each time the ladder seems to be of equal quality.
snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net writes:

Are either (or both) manufactured in the U.S.?
Glenna

I have the 20-foot Gorilla. A side-by-side comparison with the $450 Little Giant shows my Gorilla to be three-feeet longer and $250 less expensive and built along the same order. (Both ladders are solidly made.)
As far as short step dadders go, I like the Cosco I bought at Wally Whirled. It's one of the safest and most comfort-inspiring step ladders I've ever gone up on -- and the big "paint tray" on it is useful.
--
Enjoy life and *do* well by it
-- it might well be the only chance you get :-)