Gorilla glue - is it still made?

Page 3 of 5

But, we _do_ know you, Vito, or enough about you to decide who is more credible.

For you, yes.

Which is why you proposed it, and then didn't bother to talk about why you wanted to do it, here in this group? Avoiding your potential support base is rarely a way to get them on your side.

I think this is more about Doug's perception of you than whatever his belief system might be.

News.groups is the appropriate forum for newsgroup creation discussion, not here, and it said so right on the proposal. The reason for that is so the conversation is kept in one place.
VK

The group of people you're trying to "help" is the group of people who needs to want to help you if you want their votes. You ignored and avoided us. Had you not, you would have known of the staggering depth of non-support for your ideas.
Vito Kuhn wrote:

Perhaps if relationships with God are of importance to you you should look to your own and let Doug worry about his.
How do you know that that's God and not Satan that you have a relationship with, anyway?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

How, and why, this community believes that doing so would harm this group has already been explained to you - thoroughly - and I will not rehash that explanation here. It comes as no surprise to me that you are paying no more attention now than you did then.

Perhaps you could climb down off your high horse long enough to realize that *all* of us - yourself included - need some nurturing in our personal relationships with God. "For all men have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God." Ever read that before?
And perhaps you could pull your head out of your rectum far enough to realize that the real issue here is *your* behavior and *your* statements.
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:03:20 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

Speaking of a separate group, what ever happened to: "There will be a woodworking newsgroup for all ages in a new international hierarchy. More information about this will surface as it becomes available."
Why, I thought that you'd be so busy care-taking your own little slice of Usenet, that you'd have forgotten we poor sinners at the wReck. Good thing that you showed up to remind me why I detest moralists.
--
Joe Wells

I'm glad you brought that up, I didn't want you to think I was shoving it down your throat by bringing it up myself.
We are considering two options. Henrietta K. Thomas said that we could create a group in the us.* hierarchy "us.arts.woodworking". Russ Allbery was also very helpful by giving us the info needed to start a new hierarchy fam.*, the group would be "fam.woodworking". There are pros and cons of both options, and we are weighing both sides very carefully before we make any announcement. It is a big decision, deciding whether it would be better to be mere newsgroup moderators, or to take on the responsibility of hierarchy managers.
We admitted that we rushed into the rwa-a proposal, and hadn't considered the side effects in advance. I think all parties involved agree that it was best to NOT create THAT group, in the end, and that is what matters. Whatever we decide to do, the new group will be a woodworking group. There will be rules, but we're not forcing anyone to post there.
If there happens to be anyone interested in discussing either of these options further, we could take it to another group or to email, but I'm not going to spend too much time talking about it here.
VK
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:06:48 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

<...>
If you're considering starting your own ng, shouldn't you be spending your limited energy on that? You like to repeat how tough your life is and how difficult things are for you. Why are you burning your precious time here? You could be talking to your own echo by now.
--
Joe Wells

me hate censors... me hate authoritarianism... me hate kreepy kristians who want to heathen-proof the world...
oh, to stay ontopic, is it true they still make gorilla glue out of gorillas ? ? ?
charleyy snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
eof

Nope. there was too much monkey-business involved.
Rumor mill says the standard version is *not* suited for sniffing, so they were planning to bring out an ape-ricot flavored variety.
(erased)
Joe, I don't usually mind if people from usenet email me, but I do mind if people send me rude and nasty comments. If it tickles you to flame me, it would be in your best interest to not do it by email. Mail providers take abuse reports much more seriously than news providers do.
No, I did not report you, just please don't do it again.
VK
Vito Kuhn wrote:

There is only one reasonable response to a post such as that.
<plonk>
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:35:39 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

Gee, thanks. Trust me, anything that I have to say to you will posted here. I hit "Reply by e-mail" rather than "Follow up to newsgroup". Once I realized my error, I posted the same content here. And if you think that was nasty, you're far more delicate than I ever imagined.
--
Joe Wells

Joe Wells wrote:

Joe, Not to worry. If he does file an abuse report the ISP will review it for credibility. Once they see one e-mail - such as yours - in response to something he posted it will be "case closed."
They may, however, "kill file" him themselves or send him plans for a tin foil hat.
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:31:10 +0000, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Oh, I'm not worried. If he researches the headers of that mail, he'll find that the e-mail provider is... me.
--
Joe Wells

I actually had someone complain to my ISP and my upstream once, because I called them a spammer (they were). Funnily enough, I am my ISP, and my upstream is a (now former) coworker of mine.
on 3/18/2005 9:01 AM Joe Wells said the following:

Ah. Well then, have you already sent him his hat?
It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Vito Kuhn"

You really are a pathetic little figure.
What were you like at school ? The class sneak, always running off to tell teacher ?

You didn't read the NAN announcement about that, did you? The Stromboli votes came from a single university graduate student as part of a research project. They were not real people.

That was very cold, Mr. Clarke. Be careful what you wish for.

be acetone.
Yes, we will all die. Does that mean that we shouldn't do everything we can to take care of ourselves while we're alive?
You are not as bothered about my position on acetone as you are by me personally. This is a personal attack. I'll quote one of the well known regulars on this forum:
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Subject: Re: Gorilla Glue...Yay or Nay?

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Subject: Re: Gorilla Glue...Yay or Nay?

Nobody attcked Mr. Hodgett in this manner for expressing the exact same concerns as I have.
VK

LMAO
You're kidding, right?

Get some perspective, Vito. Some things are worth worrying about, and some are not. Eventually, most people learn to tell the difference.

[snip] Proves only that he doesn't understand the issue any better than you do. So what? Nobody doubted that.

Lots of people told him he was dead wrong, and proved it. Now you come along, repeating the same nonsense that's already been *proven* to be nonsense.
Can you wonder that the one who posted nonsense *not* knowing it to be such was treated more leniently than the one who came after him and knowingly posted proven nonsense?