Gorilla glue - is it still made?

Page 2 of 5

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Vito Kuhn"

You posted an outright lie whilst offering safety advice. Maybe you didn't know this and you posted from sheer ignorance. Which is almost as bad.
Seems a little odd that you've only ever made two contributions; one to impose moderation and one to post misleading safety advice.

I was sincere - I always try to be, which is why I was so bluntly rude to you when you were pushing moderation on us.
Now though I see you posting this:

Offensively patronising and misleading. It's still the decent thing to do to be welcoming to new posters, but I do wonder just how valuable your contributions would be.
Andy Dingley wrote:

He is a troll.
I don't know if he is a really really good troll and is doing it on purpose or just one of those people who were born to be a major pain in the ass and doesn't even realize it (probably has a persecution complex), but he is a troll nonetheless; he has all the signs; only posts inflammatory material and obviously leaves and breathes for the fuss.
PK

I hate trolls and flamers more than anyone I've ever spoken to. You don't know me from a hole in the wall. You're quick to discredit anyone who has a different opinion than the mainstream in this forum as a troll, but life is not that simple. You need to have a look at your conscience, and figure out what drives you to say such malicious things about decent people. God above is watching, and I don't think he is very pleased with your conduct.
VK
Vito Kuhn wrote:

With any luck God will strike the worst offender with lightning.
I expect that Paul will live a long and fruitful life.
Good night!
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Vito Kuhn wrote:

I am quick to discredit anyone whose only contributions create great strife. I don't care what their opinion is. You mistake me for someone who gives a shit about what you believe. I care about what you do; what think is your business.

Ah, well then, the feeling is mutual (*)
PK
(*) Not true of course, it was just a clever thing to say. God's opinion of me is irrelevant, it is you were are speaking of. What is your excuse for your *actions*?

If you bothered to look, you would see that I was a contributor to this forum before I had my accident. I came very close to death, and I'm confined to a wheelchair now. After you experience something like that, you change BIG TIME. I hope you never have to go through what I went through.
Of course, you don't give squat about my life or my story, and I don't expect you to. I just wanted to point out that I did used to post here at one time, and I have made contributions here in the past, contrary to what others are saying about me.
VK
Vito Kuhn wrote:

I did bother to look. I see nothing but the newsgroup issues and this one. Did you post under a different name? There was a Fred Kuhn who posted in the '99 era.
> I came very close to death, and I'm confined to a

I honestly hope so as well. But make sure you change for the better. You can still make a positive contribution. If I should choose to believe your advice about acetone was without any knowledge of the fuss (which I am a good chunk to blame for), then perhaps you are trying to be positive (wrong, you should check things more thoroughly, but at least it is positive) but I find that very hard to believe. So show me that you were at least contributing positive things previously. Show me the posts; you might even convince some people.

I might care about it, but it still doesn't excuse actions. Care, sympathy, understanding; you can have all these things yet still condemn the actions, which is all I really have to go by.
> I just wanted to point out that I did used to post here at one time,

Then show us different. And then, contribute postive things. Lead by example (*)
PK
(*) Yes, I am a hypocrite. But that doesn't make the advice wrong, just means that I cannot be as good a person as I might like to be. Somedays. And somedays, you just want to be bad, and I cannot explain that :)

That explains the confusion. No, I honestly hadn't read the thread everyone is referring to. I was only trying to help. When stoutman posted his <chuckle> in response to the advice for using acetone on your hands I sensed malice, as I hadn't caught the inside joke.

I don't need to convince anyone. I know and God knows.
Posts? Not all of them are archived, but here's some of em, up to the last post I made before I had the accident.
http://www.x-privat.org/link/883510.html
VK
Vito Kuhn wrote:

In your case it seems to have changed you into an asshole. Assuming of course that you weren't already.

Care to provide links to some of these posts? And what have you made out of wood lately?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Vito Kuhn wrote:

Trolls are known from their behavior. If you don't wish to be thought a troll then don't act the part. What have you made out of wood lately anyway?

No, we're just quick to discredit you because you're an obnoxious pest.

What malicious things has he said about "decent people"? Hint--you don't count as "decent people".

Coming from you, that's a laugh.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

We know enough about you to know you walk like a troll, you talk like a troll, you quack like a troll, and you've been seen eating troll food.

Not at all, I think Paul is one of the more level-headed people here.

You have done nothing to indicate you are one of the "decent people" here, Vito.

Do you have a link to the infamous "Vito eating a goat" .mpg ?

Hey, Vito, that wasn't an invitation to stick around, so much as it was a suggestion that you and Susan were being pretty obnoxious in trying to force changes onto a community that you hadn't, to that point, made any real attempt to be a part of, let alone find out if those changes were even welcome.
Andy was just too polite to put it that way.
But you were too dense to notice.

<cue sound of approaching ClueTrain>
You're not being "attacked" for "showing up in the group and talking about some woodworking". That should be obvious, even to the most casual observer, because you're *not* "talking about woodworking".
<audible whoomp! as ClueTrain strikes some dense object and continues on its way unimpeded>
You're being attacked for repeating hysterical nonsense that contradicts established scientific fact.
<cue sound of departing ClueTrain fading into the distance>

Please don't mislead people who don't know what you're talking about. I proposed a "separate" newsgroup, as in NOT THIS GROUP.
VK
Vito Kuhn writes:

Please don't mislead people who don't know what you're talking about. I proposed a "separate" newsgroup, as in NOT THIS GROUP. <<
Vito, go home. I'd say take your marbles and go home, but they're not your marbles. You were doing all you could to wreck the rec and you were not successful. People who were here at the time are not happy with you, almost to a man (or woman). Your excuse about it being a different group that you proposed is nitpicking bullshit. Your desire was to destroy rec.woodworking because it was immoral and full of filth.
Take your concept of Christianity elsewhere, please.

I'm misleading no-one, Vito. Your statement is at best a partial truth, and at worst a lie by omission. As you well know, you first attempted to force moderation on this group. When that failed, you tried to create a second, redundant group - and it was thoroughly explained to you at that time that doing so would indeed have an impact, and a negative one at that, on this group. Unfortunately you chose not to listen.

Either you are intentionally lying, or your memory is clouded on the issue. I NEVER proposed moderating THIS GROUP. First of all, that is not allowed. Second of all, that was never my desire. Please post either a retraction, or "proof" that I tried to moderate this group.
If any of you reading this know that I never proposed moderating this newsgroup, I ask you to please be forthcoming and say so. I NEVER tried such a thing, and I resent being falsely accused of it.
VK

I beg your pardon. My memory was clouded. This is what happened:
First you tried to create a moderated version of this group. That failed. Next you tried to create a "lite" version of this group. That failed too. Both times it was thoroughly explained to you that the creation of a second group would indeed harm this one.
The major point of my post stands: you were trying to force changes upon a community that didn't want them. And that's why your presence here has been about as welcome as a boil.

A distinction without a real difference, but yes.

And both times, Vito didn't bother to actually participate here to explain to us why we should support his power-trip scheme.

I think you're trying to spin this to your benefit, taking advantage of the fact that most people here know you and don't know me. That is unfortunate. I proposed a moderated woodworking forum, SEPARATE from this one. It would have had it's own community, a different community, that was whole the point of proposing the group.
You should take a look at your conscience, Doug. A get the feelin that your personal relationship with God is in need of some nurturing.
VK