Gorilla glue - is it still made?

Please don't mislead people who don't know what you're talking about. I proposed a "separate" newsgroup, as in NOT THIS GROUP.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

It was a reference to the ongoing discussion on the topic.

You injected false information based on zero facts into it.

Thing is, you can post wherever you want, and people can killfile anyone they want.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

No shit, Sherlock?

I am.

Taking care of ourselves and being afraid of our own shadows are two different things. Your whining about the dangers of acetone has no basis in objective reality. It is mere alarmism.

Figured that out all by yourself did you?

Well, you see, we _like_ Mr. Hodgett.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If you'd been paying attention here, Vito, I think you would have seen a couple of posts in which LRod states clearly that he's not a Christian.

(LRod, my apologies in advance if I have you mixed up with someone else)

Doug Miller

Please don't mislead people who don't know what you're talking about. I proposed a "separate" newsgroup, as in NOT THIS GROUP.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Maybe if you posted something that indicated that you were paying even the slightest attention to what was going on here you might not have gotten hammered.

Considering that your post echoed one that had just brought about a long and acrimonious discussion in which your claim was thoroughly debunked, and given your past behavior, the logical conclusion is that your intent was not to inform but to disrupt.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"Corrected it" my foot. You posted the same hysterical nonsense that's already been thoroughly debunked.

There's a difference between expressing an honest difference of opinion, and posting hysterical nonsense that's already been *shown* to be hysterical nonsense. You'll be happier when you figure that difference out.

Doug Miller

No. Are you? Did you actually believe that they were a genuine family?

Here:

Can you wonder that the one who posted nonsense *not* knowing it to

I didn't find Lew's post until after I had posted my two cents about the subject.

VK VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

I'm misleading no-one, Vito. Your statement is at best a partial truth, and at worst a lie by omission. As you well know, you first attempted to force moderation on this group. When that failed, you tried to create a second, redundant group - and it was thoroughly explained to you at that time that doing so would indeed have an impact, and a negative one at that, on this group. Unfortunately you chose not to listen.

Doug Miller

Of course not. That was sarcasm. Don't you have *any* sense of humor?

Odd that all of those votes favored your misguided proposal. I'm sure that was just a coincidence.

Uh-huh. Guess you hadn't been reading the group too much lately, eh?

Problem is, Vito, you wore out your welcome here a *long* time ago with your heavy-handed attempts to force change on a community that was, with only a few exceptions, pretty well content with the way things were. No attempt at debate or persuasion, you just barged in and tried to push your vision of the way things ought to be on a bunch of people who neither shared, nor wanted, that vision. Then you disappeared, in a snit, with your nose out of joint, because we didn't immediately fall down at your feet in gratitude for your selfless action in saving us from ourselves.

And now you wonder why you're not welcomed back with open arms.

Doug Miller

Either you are intentionally lying, or your memory is clouded on the issue. I NEVER proposed moderating THIS GROUP. First of all, that is not allowed. Second of all, that was never my desire. Please post either a retraction, or "proof" that I tried to moderate this group.

If any of you reading this know that I never proposed moderating this newsgroup, I ask you to please be forthcoming and say so. I NEVER tried such a thing, and I resent being falsely accused of it.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

I beg your pardon. My memory was clouded. This is what happened:

First you tried to create a moderated version of this group. That failed. Next you tried to create a "lite" version of this group. That failed too. Both times it was thoroughly explained to you that the creation of a second group would indeed harm this one.

The major point of my post stands: you were trying to force changes upon a community that didn't want them. And that's why your presence here has been about as welcome as a boil.

Doug Miller

A distinction without a real difference, but yes.

And both times, Vito didn't bother to actually participate here to explain to us why we should support his power-trip scheme.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I think you're trying to spin this to your benefit, taking advantage of the fact that most people here know you and don't know me. That is unfortunate. I proposed a moderated woodworking forum, SEPARATE from this one. It would have had it's own community, a different community, that was whole the point of proposing the group.

You should take a look at your conscience, Doug. A get the feelin that your personal relationship with God is in need of some nurturing.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

But, we _do_ know you, Vito, or enough about you to decide who is more credible.

For you, yes.

Which is why you proposed it, and then didn't bother to talk about why you wanted to do it, here in this group? Avoiding your potential support base is rarely a way to get them on your side.

I think this is more about Doug's perception of you than whatever his belief system might be.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Perhaps if relationships with God are of importance to you you should look to your own and let Doug worry about his.

How do you know that that's God and not Satan that you have a relationship with, anyway?

Reply to
J. Clarke

This is a big forum with hundred of posts per day. You can't expect everyone to read every thread. I wasn't aware that acetone had been brought up recently.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

I don't believe that for a second.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

News.groups is the appropriate forum for newsgroup creation discussion, not here, and it said so right on the proposal. The reason for that is so the conversation is kept in one place.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

The group of people you're trying to "help" is the group of people who needs to want to help you if you want their votes. You ignored and avoided us. Had you not, you would have known of the staggering depth of non-support for your ideas.

Reply to
Dave Hinz