Googling CANADIAN suppliers is getting impossible.

    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

I'm pretty sure my brother in law paid about $25 inc tax at Home Depot in Barrie, Ont a couple of years back, not a Canadian company I know but I guess we have to admit defeat to the Borg.....I pride myself on having never spent even one cent there as yet but that is because I was a manager of a Home Hardware Building Centre for 10 Years & can still get very good pricing as an ex-employee in good standing. LOL. Most Home Hardwares will also order you a 1 gal jug if they don't carry it in stock as long as you speak to the right person.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Ignorance when it comes to weights & measures I guess LOL

:-)

Jon~

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Don't blame Google! While Canadians are among the highest internet users per capita, many Canadian businesses are pathetically slow at having an on-line presence. When many do, they display a one page ad similar to a business card which gives very little information. Google cannot find what the website does not have, if there is a website to find.

I too, am frustrated by this fact. Some Canadian businesses have great websites, including by favourite local restaurant. Others, small and big businesses, completely ignore the internet.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

I understand this Rob. The quart would be nice though. I checked pricing around the net and it seems to be the best deal.

8oz = approx $5 63cents oz 16oz = approx $9 56cents oz 32oz = approx $13 41cents oz

Titebond's wholesale/retail sweet spot appears to be the quart.

Reply to
Wayne

BTW Rob I wasn't bitching about your price. If you guys sell it, Lee Valley is where I buy it.

I buy all my Titebond from Lee Valley but for this outdoor project I'll need a gallon or two.

Reply to
Wayne

Now that my brain has kicked in -

That's right - (but it's an imperial oz, not a Canadian oz). The US oz is not equal to the Imp oz. Hence 153.7 US oz in an Imp gallon.

Litres are _much_ easier to deal with.

The old way gets ridiculous. Architects using, say, 12' 6 1/2" , engineers using 12' 6.5", surveyors use 12.542'. Give me metric anyday - 3,823 mm regardless of user.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Hi Wayne -

No worries - just wanted to ensure there was an explanation out there.

We have to carry some uneconomic products in order to complete the line, as not all of our customers have access to box stores....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

I can't help you but I understand your plight. I would have thought "michigan trailer sales" would have pointed me to a place in michigan but, no, I get a place in arizona.

Just for grins, I am going to look for a few sites to see if I can google a bit better than you

wasn't really great. Searched on titebond canada and the .ca in many internet addresses. My other attempts were worse.

I wish you well,

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Try Windsor Plywood if you have one nearby.

Reply to
BeerBoy

Ermm... How far is that in cubits?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

"Since you asked...."

8 cubits, 2 palms, 1-1/2 barleycorns.

equivalent to: 16 span, 1 hand, 2-6/7 finger.

equivalent to: 19 links.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Google has decided that being rich is more important than being useful. It no longer represents an honest search engine, since those that pay are shown before those that are relevant.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly