Googling CANADIAN suppliers is getting impossible.

Page 1 of 2
I'm trying to find a supplier of Titebond II glue in gallons. I can't find a single supplier. I can't afford Lee Valley's prices and the stuff is only $20 US a gal at Rockler. Google is getting worse all the time for Canada. Even when you pick Canada only you still get all American hits.
Anyone know of a Canadian company that sells the stuff in quantity?

Rockler.
From Google
http://www.cabinetmart.com/about-us.html
Titebond in Canadian dollars ($25.00 gal) from London Ontario.
It doesnt mention Titebond II or III. Perhaps a phone call would be in order
http://www.cabinetmart.com/contact-us.html

Yes the do sell it. thanks.
Wayne wrote:

Franklin's (the maker of Titebond) web site recommends calling them 1-800-877-4583 or emailing them at
mailto: snipped-for-privacy@FranklinInternational.com
to find retailers outside of the USA.
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:25:24 +0000, Wayne wrote:

If you have the Orange Borg in Canada, the US variety sells TBII in gallon jugs for about $15.
-Doug
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

My local Home Depot has never heard of TiteBond at all.
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 02:21:30 +0000, Wayne wrote:

In the lower 48, it's usually found close to the paint section along with all the other glues...
-Doug
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

Lee Valley has Titebond II at C$9.50 for 16oz. That's C$19.00 for 32oz - a US gallon. It also works out to C$23.95 for 40oz, a Canadian gallon. US$20 = C$26.98 at today's rate.
What's the problem?
<http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1&page 028&category=1,110,42965>

This is a problem. Google allows those that pay to bump those that should be at the top based on other criteria. One of my web pages used to be at the top when searched with the appropriate keywords. Now there are only commercial interests at the top selling products instead of providing useful info.
Mike
Michael Daly wrote:

The last I looked there was 128 ounces in a US gallon and 153.721653 in an imperial gallon.

at
gallon.
imperial gallon.

Actually there are 128 US ounces per US gallon and 160 Canadian ounces per Imperial (Canadian) gallon -- this is why the conversion to metric can make sense.

Now that my brain has kicked in -
That's right - (but it's an imperial oz, not a Canadian oz). The US oz is not equal to the Imp oz. Hence 153.7 US oz in an Imp gallon.
Litres are _much_ easier to deal with.
The old way gets ridiculous. Architects using, say, 12' 6 1/2" , engineers using 12' 6.5", surveyors use 12.542'. Give me metric anyday - 3,823 mm regardless of user.
Mike
Michael Daly wrote:

Ermm... How far is that in cubits? <g,d,r>
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

"Since you asked...."
8 cubits, 2 palms, 1-1/2 barleycorns.
equivalent to: 16 span, 1 hand, 2-6/7 finger.
equivalent to: 19 links.

Arrgh... I'm used to metric and goofed on quarts vs gallons.
Sigh... that makes the 16 oz bottles rather expensive - my apologies, Wayne.
Mike

Yep. a bit pricy. I wish Lee Valley would at least stock the quarts. that seems to be the size where the price breaks. I actually buy the handy 8oz bottles for most small work but I have a major outdoor project that will probably use at least a gal of the stuff.
Hi Wayne -
Liquids are tough to ship mail order... larger sizes just cost that much more, and there are limits to what (volume) can be shipped in a parcel, in a single container.
Then there's the whole question of freezing...
I just reviewed our cost on the titebond, and there's not much margin there....
Can't always sell everything for less by mail!
Cheers -
Rob
wrote:

an imperial gallon.

size
major

I understand this Rob. The quart would be nice though. I checked pricing around the net and it seems to be the best deal. 8oz = approx $5 63cents oz 16oz = approx $9 56cents oz 32oz = approx $13 41cents oz
Titebond's wholesale/retail sweet spot appears to be the quart.

BTW Rob I wasn't bitching about your price. If you guys sell it, Lee Valley is where I buy it.
I buy all my Titebond from Lee Valley but for this outdoor project I'll need a gallon or two.<g>

in a

need a

Hi Wayne -
No worries - just wanted to ensure there was an explanation out there.
We have to carry some uneconomic products in order to complete the line, as not all of our customers have access to box stores....
Cheers -
Rob
Michael Daly wrote:

Well, 32 OZ. isn't a US gallon, for one thing. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....