Google quit indexing usenet

http://thenextweb.com/google/2011/08/09/google-groups-stopped-indexing-usenet-newsgroups-a-week-ago-and-barely-anyone-noticed /
There ya go

That would be incorrect. My Google rec.woodworking is up-to-date.
In wrote:

Agreed; read the link to understand it. NNTP is not google-groups.
George Watson returns.
------------------ "Twayne" wrote in message Agreed; read the link to understand it. NNTP is not google-groups.
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 05:45:50 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

So Google Canada (?) works, hey I just saw it and posted here whether there is truth in it? I did not check, did not even read it.
But Google has had screwups and they really do not care about usenet.
Mark
Oh, people noticed.
Google, though, has 'complaint' groups for reporting malfunctions that are CLOSED FOR POSTING, so there's no appropriate blog or Google Group that collects the 'broken now' information.
This time the outage lasted about a week; it cleared up yesterday and Google Groups seems to be functional as an NNTP service at this time.